Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Kill me – I'm drinking very cheap bourbon.
  • Hairychested
    Free Member

Some sort of Kentucky Bourbon from a supermarket. And I like it. I might even mix it with Coke you know 🙂

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Anthrax is in the post…

Hairychested
    Free Member

Thanks, that will help. It’s actually getting tastier by a sip.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

The stuff will probably kill you anyway

slackman99
    Free Member

If it makes you feel any better, the stuff below is pretty nice and cost me the equivalent of £8 for the big bottle (1.75ltr) from the states last year

Cougar

TBH, I’m no stranger to the Tesco / ASDA own brand bourbon. If you’re going to drink it on its own then it’s worth getting something nice, however if you’re going to tip it in Coke then it’s silly paying £20+ a bottle. For making ‘long’ drinks there’s absolutely nothing wrong with it.

mattsccm
    Free Member

I’d say the same with whisky. Decent 20 quid + malt needs nothing to keep it company except a nice fire and a good book. Cheap sub tenner stuff is great with lots of things. My favourite is a pint mug, (pewter is nice) with 1″ of paint stripper whisky, half an inch of vimto and topped up with boiling water. take it to the bath after a cold wet ride with a choice of books. Enhance it later with a sunday lunch or a good chilli(whilst still in the bath). Get out 2 hours later to find that the missus has lit the fire and there is the Paris Roubaix on the telly. 😆

CountZero

I’m very partial to supermarket Kentucky Bourbon. Cheap, and surprisingly smooth, especially compared to JD, which I always find takes a glass or so to numb the tastebuds.

LordSummerisle
    Free Member

i really like the bourbon that is in Lidl. Thats really nice.

usually decant it into plastic bottles for taking to music festivals.
    Has the advantage of it looking like you’ve taken a leak in the bottle, so noone nicks it from your tent.

spacemonkey

I’d say the same with whisky. Decent 20 quid + malt needs nothing to keep it company except a nice fire and a good book. Cheap sub tenner stuff is great with lots of things. My favourite is a pint mug, (pewter is nice) with 1″ of paint stripper whisky, half an inch of vimto and topped up with boiling water. take it to the bath after a cold wet ride with a choice of books. Enhance it later with a sunday lunch or a good chilli(whilst still in the bath). Get out 2 hours later to find that the missus has lit the fire and there is the Paris Roubaix on the telly.

Now, that I like 😀

spacemonkey

Luckily (in terms of bank balance) I don’t yet have the palette for fine Whiskey et al. So instead of blowing £30-40 on a bottle of something that (to me) tastes pretty much the same as something half the price, I’ll take the cheaper option and tip it in diet coke.

Half the price, a tenth of the calories, and all the “hit”. Simples.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Kill me – I'm drinking very cheap bourbon.’ is closed to new replies.