Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Kili Flyer – replacement nut for 142 * 12mm axle??
  • HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

I’ve got a Kili Flyer I’ve managed to lose the nut off the end of the rear axle.

It’s a 142 * 12mm through axle quick release type thing for a 135mm wide hub (not like a maxle).

Anyone know where I can get a replacement?? I’ve tried contacting Saracen but no response.

daver27
    Free Member

Drop me a pm, I have one.

chipps

And I have one if he can’t find it 😉

They’re a pain aren’t they? It’s worth noting that the new bolt on dropouts that take a Shimano/Fox thru axle (a Foxle?) on the 2017 bikes will also retrofit older bikes. Something to think of next year if you’re keen/that bothered…

hatter

I’ve retrofitted the new dropout and a Shimano rear axle to to my Kili, works a treat, just be sure to get the BOOST (148 mm) version as as it needs the extra length to work, even on the 142 x 12 Kili back end.

Any Saracen dealer should be able to get the kit to swap them over.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Thanks Daver27 – I’ve sent a mail!

Yeah, it’s a bit of an annoying design, though I have previously managed to leave a Maxle in a car park somewhere, so i’m not sure how much I should blame the bike…

Replacing the dropouts was my 2nd option, though from memory they are quite pricey including the axle.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Kili Flyer – replacement nut for 142 * 12mm axle??’ is closed to new replies.