Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Kielder trial recommendations
  • karlp

Hi,

A group of us off to Keilder for the first time.

Could do with recommendations on best trails to ride.

We’re an experienced group & happy to ride multiple trials.

Options from website:

Osprey – blue 20.5km. Tech 2/5.

Lonesome Pine – Red 19.7km. Tech 3/5

Bloody Bush – Red 33km. Tech 3/5

Deadwater – Red 6.8km. Tech 3/5

Up & Over – black 10.2km. Tech 4/5 (can be addition to red)

Karl.

Garry_Lager

Lonesome pine – tech 1/5. Pleasant spin through the trees on gravel tracks, not to be mistaken for a mountain bike trail.

Deadwater is good – not too long though, so one for a morning or something to work into a longer route if possible.

boxelder

Deadwater and Up n Over join well.
    The Newcastleton trails are nicer IMHO – drive round or spin over Lonesome Pine and return by Bloody Bush.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    onehundredthidiot

Boxelder has the answer, drop down into copshaw kitchen in newcastleton for a great bacon roll.

bigwill
    Free Member

lonesome pine, the last 5 minutes back to kielder village is ok the rest is pretty dull,

bloody bush – fire road with a touch of pretty average to poor single track thrown in, but great views, and riding over the moors on the boardwalk is a novelty.

Deadwater and up and over are the best bits, the first descent off Deadwater is pretty pointless as its just a straight blast down some old washed out farm track, and not really worth the climb to the top. the rest is good though.

osprey – take the children.

for trail riding if you are from scotland / lakes, stay there, there are better trails where you live. If you are from England, keep driving to Tweed valley or the lakes.

If you want miles and miles of fire road chat with your mates, great views with the occasional blast, Kielder is the one.

thenorthwind

As a heads up, the Up and Over bit of the black run was closed when I was there weekend before last – may or may not still be (I know that the local trail builders were building that day).

Kielder gets a bad press but I’ve spent a bit of time there recently and I’m still trying to make my own mind up. If you want fully-featured trail centre riding, go somewhere else. Some of the trails are a bit neutered with flat hard-packed gravel. But there’s fun to be had if you go with an open mind. If it’s tame, do it faster. Even some of the blue trails are quite fun if you take them fast enough.

+1 for Newcastleton

neilthewheel

It’s not the trails, it’s the place.

warton
    Free Member

Up and Over is not 10km, more like 1.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Kielder trial recommendations’ is closed to new replies.