• This topic has 103 replies, 35 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by adsh.
Viewing 24 posts - 81 through 104 (of 104 total)
  • Kielder replacement – Surrey Hills 100 mile ride…
  • njee20
    Free Member

But it looks like Marvincooper will be starting at the same time, so there should be more than one 7am start.

GB what time are you anticipating going through Loggers CP? Likely to be up that way, but not doing 100 miles with you lot!

richP

Hmmm, now not sure how fast ‘very fast’ is.

Are you going to be going at race pace Gee?

However looking at the weather forecast I am less keen. I didn’t realise that your replacement would also include the grim/gritty Kielder conditions…

njee20
    Free Member

Hmmm, now not sure how fast ‘very fast’ is.
    Are you going to be going at race pace Gee?

Basically yes! I’m a pretty mediocre expert racer and I’d not be able to sustain the pace. If you can’t do 20mph on the road for a couple of hours I’d join marvin’s group!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    gee
    Free Member

You’re welcome to join us and see how it goes. The pace will be high – I can’t bear hanging around. The first bit is quite flat, so you’ll probably be ok until we get to the downs. Don’t wish to sound funny but chances are unless I know you from racing, you won’t be able to do the whole loop at that pace?

GB

marvincooper

Sorry chaps but I am going to have to give it a miss. Family commitments which I could have got away with missing but also I’m not feeling 100% so no point in ruining myself over 100 miles. Hope you all have a great day.

richP

Cheers guys, unfortunately the pace is someone academic as I’m not going to be able to get out of childcare duties on Saturday.

Gee, I doubt you’d know me from racing, I don’t really do much short course XC, nationals etc.
    However I was stood next to you on the extended big dog podium 🙂

maybe next time
    rich

pjm84
    Free Member

Regrettably I’m also going to have to give it a miss.

I’ve been off the bike for 4 weeks now as a result of a crash / bruised ribs. Missed 12:12. Assumed a previous Swinely crash caused an elbow issue but it turned out I’ve also picked up tennis elbow (don’t play tennis)

Both are heeling nicely and I’m itching to get out on the bike but I’m juggling, or is it drowning at the moment with work and other commitments.

offthebrakes
    Free Member

I’m out too – new race bike still not arrived and old “race” bike not servicable.

Maybe I’ll get it done next month instead.

blooddonor
    Free Member

Something to do with the weather……..me thinks 🙂

gee
    Free Member

Slackers!!! MTFU all…

GB

spacemonkey

Meh, ****ing bottlers 😀

gee
    Free Member

Hi all,

Due to horrendous weather – this is cancelled.

GB

mashiehood
    Free Member

hmm, and you chaps were giving me the inspiration to go out tomo!

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Not a bad decision. I tried to do the VCGH 40k haslemere route this afternoon. Horrible!! Packed it in at near Markey Heights. I was slipping all over the place on my Ralphs before getting bogged down in the mud. I was thinking out you guys on the way round and in true STW was wondering what tires !!!!!!!

offthebrakes
    Free Member

Got another date planned George? Hoping to have a stab at the route next month once bike has arrived, would be good to at least start with some others.

mashiehood
    Free Member

Condition fairly muddy around holmbury, leith and ranmore but perfectly rideable. Had a good 25miler only 10 minutes lower than dusty conditions

gee
    Free Member

25 miles in the mud is one thing…. 100 miles would have killed my bike.

The plan is to wait for a nice dry weekend and try again… Last minute perhaps.

GB

martinh
    Free Member

I think it’s time to resurrect this thread and try to organise a 2014 ride out. What do you think?

gee
    Free Member

Sounds like a good idea – problem is I’m away racing every weekend until the end of June…

So… Some time in August?

GB

martinh
    Free Member

August will give time for those like me who need to get some miles in their legs

offthebrakes
    Free Member

Hopefully will be too busy in August, but if not then will be up for this 🙂

gee
    Free Member

Ok guys…

How does Saturday 9 August sound? Leaving Lightwater Country Park 8am.

Same route as posted earlier in this thread.

GB

martinh
    Free Member

Surely a slight modification to get in the whole of the new summer lightning

9 August works for me.

adsh
    Free Member

Is anyone planning on doing this in the near future?

Viewing 24 posts - 81 through 104 (of 104 total)

The topic ‘Kielder replacement – Surrey Hills 100 mile ride…’ is closed to new replies.