Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Kielder BIke Hire
  • mikedoubleu
    Free Member

Anyone know what the situation is with bike hire up at Kielder? Which shop(s) are running and what type hire bikes they have? (full-suss vs hardtail only)

I’m likely to be heading up that way with some roadies in April/May and might try and persuade them to try some off road action.

northernmatt

It was Purple Mountain last time I was up there but that was 2 years ago. They have rentals which are hardtails but have some flashier stuff which they class as a demo fleet

leeph
    Free Member

http://www.thebikeplace.co.uk/bike-hire/hire-info

Purple mountain is longer……..use the link above.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jonba
    Free Member

what leeph said. Phone them though as they took over the shop near the castle but their address on that link has there other shop in Bellingham.

mikedoubleu
    Free Member

I’m glad they are still going as that was the shop that was in the village ages ago before the FC “priced them out” and gave “the franchise” to Purple Mountain who had had nothing to do with Kielder previously.

I’ll give them a bell and see what the situation is. Cheers.

mikedoubleu
    Free Member

Just wanted to “big up” Ian at The Bike Place.

He helped out our recent bike tour brilliantly. We went from coast to Bellingham on Day 1 on road/cx bikes. He organised some bag portering from Bellingham and then hired us mountain bikes when we arrived at Kielder, before coming over to Newcastleton later on in the day after shutting up shop for he day to bring us our road bikes & bags and pick up his mountain bikes. Not the biggest set-up but fair prices and plenty of enthusiasm.

He helped me manage to get some dyed-in-the-wool roadies grinning from ear to ear on mountain bikes before we headed off to Hartside and C2C home to the North-East.

Thanks for the advice previously everyone.

Everywhere we stayed on the trip was v good too:
    The Cheviot in Bellingham- great food both evening and brekkie, accommodation improving.
    The Grapes in Newcastleton- cheap but very cheerful, again great evening meal.
    Alston House Hotel in Alston- great rooms and good beer and grub.

Shout out too for http://www.northpenninecycles.co.uk/shop-bicycle-store
    who saved my ride with an eggbeater rebuild kit in the middle of the pennines, who’d have thought?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Kielder BIke Hire’ is closed to new replies.