Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Kielder (air ambulance content)
  • esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Did Kielder yesterday, six of us. All was going smoothly till the end of our 1st lap, when one of the 2 Stueys came off the bermed wooden bit & ended up head first in the bog. Not a problem till he tried to extract himself & realised there was a serious problem with his left leg, like when he tried to move it he screamed. Luckily it’s near a fire road & the ambulance was soon there shortly followed by the chopper which soon had him off to A & E in Ashington. Later reports showed he’d broken his femur & is having it pinned today. Guess who didn’t take his camera cos I couldn’t be arsed to go upstairs to get it.
    Big thanks to everyone who stopped & offered help, particularly the guy who left his fleece to keep Stu warm (we had a tinfoil blanket & numerous other stuff on him as well) Whoever you are matey, Steve’s got your number & will be in touch to get it back to you. An even bigger thanks to the medics, both ambulance & chopper crew, who were quickly on scene. I reckon we should do a sponsored ride now!
    Get well soon Stu.

lowey

Nasty. Hope he’s fighting fit soon.

MrNutt
    Free Member

ouch! femur is v. painful and, if I remember correctly, potentially life threatening due to the presence of the major arteries?

heal fast!

pantsonfire
    Free Member

I went over the handle bars yesterday and ended up with cuts and bruises was feeling very sorry for myself till I read this post makes me realise how lucky I was

Get well soon mate

The important question is how is the bike 🙂

Drac

, potentially life threatening due to the presence of the major arteries?

It can be yes but not just because if the arteries the you bleed a lot from the femur too.

Glad you were pleased with the service and nice to see you thanking the road crews not just the air crew.

Ooops! Hope he mends soon.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Kielder (air ambulance content)’ is closed to new replies.