Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Kielder 100 2014?
  • ibnchris

Anyone know if the Kielder is coming back this year? If not does anyone know how much harder the Manx100 is? Looks like a great challenge but the winning time looks like it was a worryingly long 11hours…

jonny-m
    Free Member

I’ve emailed the organisers and tweeted them messages etc but had no response, same about sleepless in the saddle to be honest, need to know to book time off work etc….

ibnchris

Anyone else heard anything?

carbonfiend
    Free Member

I got the impression that it was curtains for kielder I’m in for the Manx 100

Trekster

with the increase in Enduro events is there still room for Kielder 💡
    Scottish series
    No Fuss events
    Gravity Enduro
    Northern England series
    etc, etc……………
    http://www.xcracer.com/UK-Mountain-Bike-Event-Calendar.php

ir_bandito
    Free Member

I think it got canned due to costs and logistics.
    If you’re after a reasonably epic event in the north, details of the North Pennines MTB Marathion should be emerging in the next few weeks. Fancy climbing Cross Fell 3 times? 🙂

Phil_H

According to THIS sleepless isn’t on this year.

mrmo
    Free Member

with the increase in Enduro events is there still room for Kielder

But are those who ride enduros the same as ride marathons? Maybe it is me, but one is a long XC race the other joining up lots of DH sections.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

are those who ride enduros the same as ride marathons?

The two are distinct, but with a bit of a crossover. That’s why I didn’t want to schedule the North Pennines event until I knew when the ‘Ard Rock Enduro is, so we don’t clash.

D0NK

Fancy climbing Cross Fell 3 times?

jesus H christ! I’ve no doubt route makes a massive difference but I’d been on cross fell twice and both times it’s done me in very very quickly

ibnchris

I’d say there is def a market for simply long xc events. I personally love the one long lap events for that epic feel. Find lap events a bit hectic…

Clink

What ibnchris says ^

moonboy
    Free Member

Car recommend tour de Nevis in that case. Took me 6 hours 2 years ago, bit less for some! (and a some a bit more)

Shred
    Free Member

While that looks interesting, it’s not really long, like 100 miles long in the Kielder 100 or Manx 100 case

scotroutes

100 miles – is that all?
    http://www.highlandtrail.net/

ibnchris

I love the idea of ‘drafting’ in a 560 mile off road race!

miketually
    Free Member

If you’re after a reasonably epic event in the north, details of the North Pennines MTB Marathon should be emerging in the next few weeks. Fancy climbing Cross Fell 3 times?

I really should ride up there at some point; it’s only a 100 mile round trip ride from home.

gee
    Free Member

If you fancy a 100 mile off road ride download my Surrey Hills 100 mile epic from an old thread on here.

postierich
    Free Member

If you fancy a true epic ride the Lakeland 200 fits the bill carrying your kit!
    http://www.selfsupporteduk.net/routes/Lakeland200.html
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/nzrich/sets/72157634672946804/

DSCF3436[1] by Richard Munro, on Flickr

jezketley
    Free Member

I like the sound of the North Pennines MTB marathon. Never ridden or walked up cross fell. I shall keep an eye.

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

There’s the BB 200 in Oct. Completely new route for this year so no one will have an advantage.

Phil Simcock covered the 205km in 13h 8m last year 😯

Bear Bones 200

ir_bandito
    Free Member

I’ve no doubt route makes a massive difference but I’d been on cross fell twice and both times it’s done me in very very quickly

There’ll be 3 options. “Hard” and “Harder” will only climb it twice (the difference being the distance). “Hardest” will climb it 3 times.
    🙂

I’d say there is def a market for simply long xc events. I personally love the one long lap events for that epic feel

good 🙂

I really should ride up there at some point; it’s only a 100 mile round trip ride from home

Do it!

I like the sound of the North Pennines MTB marathon

Provisional date is 19th July.

miketually
    Free Member

Do it!

I’ve got plans for a bivvy near High Cup Nick at some point this year so will combine with a Cross Fell visit.

Provisional date is 19th July.

Sadly, I think I’ll be somewhere between Darlington and Aviemore on the 19th.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Kielder 100 2014?’ is closed to new replies.