Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Kids trampolines – saftey and best buys
  • boxelder

Thinking of getting a 10′ trampoline for the bairns. How safe/hazardous are they and what’s best for under £200?

Very much obliged……

wrightyson
    Free Member

Bought a 12 ft one for christmas and its ace! Got it from a very very good company it would seem! I was one spring missing, sent me out a replacement straight away, wasn’t happy with the ladder sent out a replacement before new year. Got the surround jobby and admittedly kids have been saved by it a fair few times!!!

brant
    Free Member

They ruin your lawn.

midlifecrashes

We have a 12 footer, no catch net. Best value for money ever spent, used most days now for seven years. No one’s ever done themselves harm falling off, but son tried bouncing from feet, flip then land on hands. That broke his elbow off. Net wouldn’t have helped there though.

cbike
    Free Member

My cousin studied these in casualty during her training to be a doctor.
    The conclusion was to apply the same spotter standards as professional trampoline competition or don’t buy one. Or buy a wheelchair and save some time.

Never jump off a tramp directly on to the ground. You will break your leg. Bounce down and then lower yourself off.

The Primary school I went to in NZ had an unsupervised trampoline in the playground. Great fun but wouldn’t recommend it now.

MrsToast
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8xJtH6UcQY&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

big_n_daft
    Free Member

there is info on the RoSPA website

boxelder

Mrs Toast – will somebody, for the love of god, think of those vermin and get a safety net!

Thanks all.

dr_death
    Free Member

They will fall off, they may break something, we can more than likely fix whatever they break as most injuries seem to be elbows and wrists, they will have fun.

They are unlikely to do any serious damage to themselves.
    I hate them,

Yours,

An A&E Doc

andyfla
    Free Member

Wife is an A&E paediatric(kids) consultant and whilst a fair proportion of her injuries in the summer are from tramps we have a 10′ TP one with surround.

Excellent fun and no injuries so far !

fasthaggis

Get a net and try to stop big crowds of them using it at the same time( this is hard 🙄 ).
    Our kids were fine and never hurt themselves ( we sent them to trampoline lessons ),but the most common injury stories I heard were :-
    1/ Drunk adults trying to do Jackie Chan tricks

2/ Kids landing on top of other kids and breaking things

3/ Sober adults trying to do olympic gold moves

They do spoil your lawn unless you move them around all the time.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Wife is an A&E paediatric(kids) consultant and whilst a fair proportion of her injuries in the summer are from tramps we have a 10′ TP one with surround.

Just put a sign on your gate saying ‘No Hobos’. Hey presto, problem solved.

andyfla
    Free Member

They do spoil your lawn unless you move them around all the time

Is this the trampoline or the children ?

fasthaggis

is this the trampoline or the children ?

It’s both ,if you want to save your lawn and get a bit of peace and quiet 🙂

rkk01
    Free Member

They ruin your lawn kids.

Daughter wants one – but then always comes out with stories of x, y and z friends have broken their arms / wrists.

One of her friends has broken her forearm several times over the last 3 years… mrs rkk01’s work colleague’s daughter suffered a very complex break which doesn’t sound like it will be properly fixable.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Mrs FD is an Orthopaedic surgeon and says they are one of the highest causes of serious injury in children and many docs would have them banned.

boxelder

Jeeberz – this isn’t helping much anymore

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Kids trampolines – saftey and best buys’ is closed to new replies.