Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Kids teeth
  • localhero94
    Free Member

My almost-4 year old daughter has just had a tumble and bashed her mouth/lip/nose. One front tooth was bleeding and possibly a bit wobbly. Anyone had any experience of this and what can happen to the tooth afterwards? We phoned the dentist for advice but they were just shutting so gave us the number of an emergency dentist if we wanted to visit, but also said that seeing as it’s a baby tooth that comes out over the next year or so anyway it might just go black and fall out. So, do we go super-cautious and try and get her seen asap, or wait and see what happens (not quite sure what they could do anyway?). Any experience/advice welcome!

ciron
    Free Member

We had the same when our eldest was 2ish. It wasn’t pouring with blood, but definitely bleeding. We were told the same by our dentist, but didn’t rush to see an emergency dentist. It went grey over time, not black, and is still in.

Funny thing is that its hardly noticeable now, whereas before you could see it clearly. Although that might just be me not seeing it as much now.

localhero94
    Free Member

Thanks, that’s reassuring. Kids eh – this parenting lark is a minefield 😕

fubar
    Free Member

Same with my daughter..’bruised’ tooth at about 3 years old. It was quite dark at first but has stayed in for going on 2 years and now only a little darker than the others.

wrightyson
    Free Member

You’ve got plenty more scrapes to come and you’ll realise that there was no need to worry.! That comes from a veteran father of 8 and 11 yr olds!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Kids teeth’ is closed to new replies.