Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Kids Sus Forks, RST Capa 20?
  • isitafox
    Free Member

Anyone had any experience with these?

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

I expect the performance will be poor and they will weigh a fair bit. May be better for a child to have a rigid fork and a bike that weighs less.

Crell
    Free Member

You’d be better off looking for some SH air sprung forks if they really do need suspension because of how & what they’re riding.

They’re apparently 3.8 lbs (for a 20″) which will just weigh a kids’ bike down.

http://www.rst.com.tw/en/ProductInfo.aspx?PID=33

pictonroad

I’ve been looking for some decent rigid 20″ forks to replace those RST’s for a while now. The RST’s are very heavy and not very good.

Bmx forks are too short, may even resort to getting some 26″ forks cut and welded.

johnnyboy666
    Free Member

At FoD the other week I saw the most awesome kids bike ever. He had a set of single crown Marzocchi Shivers that were converted into a pair of mini dual crown forks, amazing!

John

johnnyboy666
    Free Member

dirtmountainbike.com/news/young-rippers-bikes-harry-barretts-j-tech-suspension-scott-spark.html#!59CqA

Smething like this!

BearBack
    Free Member

Check Spinner’s 20 Air.
    Available off places like alibaba if you’re brave.

Actually quite functional.. although they only use half the stanction length to achieve the 60mm travel.

If moneys no object then MRP’s Rustler is your best bet.

Marmoset
    Free Member

My son has some on his 24″ bike. Not the greatest forks, but for someone who weighs 25 Kg they’re okay – they take the sting out of things, damping is non existent, but they’ve held up so far to a year and a half of riding.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Kids Sus Forks, RST Capa 20?’ is closed to new replies.