Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Kids sports, bloody expensive!!!!
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

No wonder we struggle to get lots of good sportsmen/women, coaching is so bloody expensive! Swimming lessons, gymnastics, boxing and now trampolining. We just couldn’t stand another 40 quid a month! And before you flamers start I only have one bike, it’s paid for and I only buy new stuff if it’s broke!!

dirtyrider
    Free Member

do you smoke/drink alcohol 😉

GW
    Free Member

eh? Swimming lessons, gymnastics, boxing and trampolining all for around a tenner a week is a bargain

molgrips
    Free Member

Most pro sportspeople only do one sport, not loads of different ones 🙂

pacemaker
    Free Member

my daughter is a county champion gymnast, she has been doing it for 10 years now,(she is now 13) i hate to think how much we have spent, with some of her competition leotard costing in the region of £100 each plus all the team tracksuits etc…
    My son (aged 6) has started playing rugby and this seems like a bottomless pit too..

But they enjoy it., it keeps them fit and out of trouble hanging around the streets so is worth every penny

wwaswas

is this for 1 kid or 4?

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Get them an XBOX, a huge TV and a selection of shootemups. Job done.

wrightyson
    Free Member

No, two kids, out of all of em I think the swimming is most important as in, it could save their lives, as it stands neither of em is gonna be a Michael phelps tho 😆
    And no the forty quid was just for trampolining.

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

I actually pay £100 every 12 months to train my own son to play football. I dont actually begrudge a penny of it though. Compared to the £30 per month to do taekwondo its a bargain. Then there is the £7 per week music lesson and the whatever is is £ per week for swimming lesson.

I do actually agree with the OP though. When i played football as a kid you needed a pair of boots and a pair of shinnys. The team supplied the strip on match day and that was it. Mum and dad dropped you off and you played football.

Now its training on monday night in a indoor football arena. Its a full strip for every player to keep and a matching waterproof and hat. Its the top of the range footy boots, shinnys and those stupid undergarments they wear.

Taekowndo is all about equipments etc.

All the sports these days seem to put as much onus on equipment and facilities as they do on fitness and technique. personally i think fitness and technique are more important.

I imagine all those brazillian boys playing football in the streets with no shoes on think the same

clubber
    Free Member

Jumpers for goalposts, isn’t it?

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

My nipper goes to Kickboxing which is £35 a month. This gives her up to 8 hours training a week which is great as I can drop her off and go ride my bike for an hour or two. It is expencive but everything else in the area is £40+ at least!

molgrips
    Free Member

I imagine all those brazillian boys playing football in the streets with no shoes on think the same

Not so sure. I think they’d give anything to have half the kit we do.

wrightyson
    Free Member

As we’d give anything to have half the skill they do!!!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Kids sports, bloody expensive!!!!’ is closed to new replies.