Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Kids scooters?
  • huggis
    Free Member

Lookin to get new scoots for the kids. Any good alternatives to the mico maxi which is a bit pricey at around £95? The is iScoot looks ok but gets pretty bad reviews……

Cougar
    huggis
    Free Member

Thanks cougar but he’s keen on the three wheeled variety

GW
    Free Member

what age for?
    they’re fun but bear in mind that those micro 3 wheelers don’t balance/turn in the same way a 2 wheeler (or even bike/balance bike) does.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

The design of those 3 wheel micro scooter is just fantastic, the way they lean and turn, nothing else comes close

GW
    Free Member

er.. a skateboard does ^^ 😆

djglover
    Free Member

My two have the micro jobbies, hardly bloody touch the balance bikes now 🙁

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

GW – Member
    er.. a skateboard does ^^

POSTED 12 MINUTES AGO #

??? That’s just silly.

GW
    Free Member

can’t/never ridden a skateboard? or are you just stupid?

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

No need to get personal now, ever ridden a 3 wheeled scooter or are you an arsehole?

TiRed

In my experience the Micro kit is well made and worth the premium. You didn’t say what age, but Akerman steering on three wheels is a nice feature for the young (first scooter), but I suspect they might grow out of it (which version are you looking at?). The larger version is not really trickable, if that matters go for the two wheeled version.

For the best non-cycling two wheeled fun I’ve had in years, I recommend one of these – beats skateboarding by a mile! There is a learning curve, but the results are worth it (even at 43 😳 )

aracer
    Free Member

For the best non-cycling two wheeled fun I’ve had in years, I recommend one of these – beats skateboarding by a mile! There is a learning curve, but the results are worth it (even at 43 )

At 41 I’m very tempted – though right now I’m learning to uni (I’m guessing that the learning curve for one of those is a bit shallower though). Maybe I should try and blag a go on the one next door’s 14yo has at some point (he can have a go on my uni 😉 ).

As for scooters, the 3 wheelers are great, and I can see why he might want to stick with that – it is clearly a different experience to a 2 wheeler. However I don’t see any huge advantages to that over a 2 wheeler to justify the extra cost (even a posh Micro branded 2 wheeler suited for the same age range + a lot older is half that). My little one also managed to pretty much destroy his 3 wheeler – is the bigger one that much more durable?

huggis
    Free Member

Thanks all. Kids are aged 4, 7 and 43!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Kids scooters?’ is closed to new replies.