Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Kids riding bikes that are way too big for them on the road
  • spacemonkey

Does my head in this does. Saw another example at the weekend: a girl (8-10yrs?) wobbling all over the place because she was riding almost on tip toe. Saddle right down too. One parent behind, the other in front. On the pavement you might get away with this – but on country lanes with nowhere to “hide” is just asking for trouble IMO.

I don’t want to dampen anyone’s enthusiasm for getting out on a bike, but please do so safely tis all.

bencooper
    Free Member

Used to see this all the time when I did repairs. “He’ll grow into it” they say.

Not if he ends up under a bus because he can’t reach the brakes, he won’t.

The other one that used to really annoy me was people who didn’t want to spend much money on repairs because “it’s only for my boy”. Usually referring to a pile of rust that’s just been pulled out of the back of a £50k SUV.

spacemonkey

who didn’t want to spend much money

Agreed. But, there are ways and means to do this effectively if you know what you’re doing. My first proper bike was made by my mate’s grandad for about a couple of quid as we had no money during that period. I was about 5. Can still remember hurtling down the playing field on 2 wheels for the first time 🙂 My third bike was made by my brother when I was about 9 or 10. He found a rusty old frame and some wheels at the local tip, buffed them up, nicked some spares off his mates and made a bang tidy piece of kit that served me well for 2-3 yrs. Cracking memories!

binners

Surely it should be applauded? Its thick people culling their own offspring, thus preventing their further contamination of the gene pool!

Stoner
    Free Member

pfft. youre all just jealous coz you know the little scrote will be pulling 500yrd wheelies on that oversized bike down the road one handed in no time, and you cant bunnyhop kerbs without crashing 🙂

RustySpanner

Makes a change from all the adults riding bikes that are way too small for them on the trails. 🙂

takisawa2

Was tempted to try & get my lad to jump from 20″ to 26″ wheels, on one of them 12″ Spesh Hotrock’s but while he can ride it at a stretch he’s too small for it & its going to knock his confidence for six, so bit the bullit & got him a 24″ wheel version. Followed a family on Cannock Chase once, his & her on Cannondales & the kids struggling to pedal 20kg of Tesco/Argos rubbish.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Kids riding bikes that are way too big for them on the road’ is closed to new replies.