Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Kids' Presents – Ideas thread
  • Stoner
    Free Member

A place to put Xmas present ideas that you’ve read somewhere else (let’s be honest, none of us are cool enough to come up with a great idea for a kid’s present on our own) and help out the rest of us lame disco-dancing-dads.

I remember when you’d be happy to receive a hoop and a stick…

And the first one to say something tediously worthy like “buy a goat for a Syrian child” or “don’t participate in the commercial over indulgence” etc etc gets a stern talking to.

So what blinders have you come across so far?

jam-bo

don’t participate in the commercial over indulgence by buying a goat for a Syrian child

perchypanther
    Free Member

A new set of chimney brushes?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jekkyl
    Stoner
    Free Member

modern flues are so small I just tie a rope to the cat’s tail and yank it through instead.

johndoh
    Free Member

I have been wrestling with this one for my two 7 year old girls – they have a list of all the obvious things – Shopkins, pretend ‘live’ animals (even though they have a real dog) etc but I want to get them some things that might stretch their minds a bit, make them do stuff they wouldn’t think of. So far I have:

Sketch pad with proper grown up artists pencils, putty rubber & a book about sketching techniques
    Indoor quadcopter
    Remote control car (a proper one to play with in the garden)
    Microscope
    Chess set
    Traditional wooden puzzles

perchypanther
    Free Member

So what blinders have you come across so far?

A tactical torch.

From the Blind-a-Bear Workshop?

Stoner
    Free Member

I think those retro arcade re-releases are for the benefit of whimsical adults rather than kids who’ve been welded to tablet gameplay since they were babes-in-arms.

theotherjonv

My daughter’s getting a Wedding Present T-shirt (they were on offer at the gig a week or so back)

I’m sure she’ll love it.

yunki
    Free Member

this site has a lot of interesting and reasonably priced ideas

http://www.wickeduncle.co.uk/

Ro5ey
    Free Member

For my daughter’s 8th bday pressy in the spring … I told her she could have piggy backs everywhere, all the time, for a week…. she loved it and so did I 😀

Going to use that again before her, and her bruv, get too big 😆

steve-g
    Free Member

Bought the pair of mine the entry level stunt scooters from decathlon, £45 each and look like “proper” scooters that may last, rather than the seemingly disposable character/disney branded ones they have been bought previously.

Bought the eldest,7, a Kindle Fire 7 when they were down to £30 the other week, will likely get a Bluetooth speaker for her to use with that as movies and music is what she will use it for most I assume.

The youngest,4, a battery powered train with a light that runs on the Brio track that he already has rather than having to push the trains around, think that was £8 – that’s probably my best purchase. Also got him a spiderman watch and still have another £30 to get him bits with.

PiknMix
    Free Member

Yunki THANK YOU! I’ve been going bonkers trying to think of what to buy my two nieces.

DezB
    Free Member

Something off Redletterdays.co.uk ? My lad’s done a couple of driving experiences and really enjoyed them (though being a teenager, “Ugh” seems to be the best positive response available)

binners

I think those retro arcade re-releases are for the benefit of whimsical adults rather than kids who’ve been welded to tablet gameplay since they were babes-in-arms.

Not at all fella. I took the Binnerettes (9 and 12) to this place which we’re lucky enough to have nearby. They absolutely loved all the retro arcade stuff, and ask to go back there all the time. Which i reluctantly agree too, obviously. We all have to make sacrifices in life 😉

The eldest ones favourite game on here tablet? Sonic the Hedgehog. And they both absolutely love MartioKart. But then, who doesn’t? 😀

jimdubleyou

Saw an idea on Faceache the other day – basically if your child is too young to appreciate xmas (anything up to a year?) then ask for all their presents to be something for them to open at Christmas when they are 18.

scuttler

@Binners – Arcade Club looks mint. Definitely worth a trip over Saddleworth for that one.

binners

scuttler – definitely worth a trip over. its brilliant! Nothing swallows time like that place. Either go with the kids in the afternoon, or with your mates in the evening, and have a few beers while you’re playing.

johndoh
    Free Member

Ohh and we have got them one of these to share too…

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Oliphant-Limited-CANDYGRABBER-Candy-Grabber/dp/B005EB51RM

mudpup
    Free Member

12 year old son is getting……

An air rifle and targets for the garden
    and
    A supercar driving afternoon (Lamborghini Aventador, Ferrari and Nissan GTR)

I’ll probably get…..

Lindt
    and
    Socks

Stoner
    Free Member

Is that you Daddy?

maccruiskeen

I recently bought this for my Niece.

senorj

My boy wants a skate board , a basketball , a drum kit & a “football uniform” with number 7 on the back. The missus won’t allow a nerf gun.
    I now have the predicament of which football uniform to get ,my team or the local one. I’d like to toughen him up so it’ll be my team I think..ha.

kimbers

My 6 year old is just getting into Lego

So I’m realy excited,

I’m also picking up a S/H Hoy Bonally today, to go with the S/H islabike cnonc 16 his brothers getting (yeah S/H) pressie for xmas sounds cheap, but thye will love em !

Stoner
    Free Member

that is lovely macc.

Nice site yunki, cheers. Some ideas in there.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Power kite
    Tower of London Poppy
    Bluetooth speakers
    African ladies

hanchurch
    Free Member

My two are getting fake GoPros side presents £20 each.

brant
    Free Member

Ukelele
    Sewing machine
    Laminator
    Junior hacksaw

cloudnine
    Free Member

Musical instrument? Nuvo make some great plastic instruments.. Their flute is nice, lightweight, easy swappable Reid’s etc
    http://www.normans.co.uk/blog/2014/05/nuvo-plastic-flute/

They also do a toot and few other instruments

matt_outandabout

Bike helmet for one.
    A new PS4 game for another.
    New hoody and riding gloves for last.

That’s it. Everything else just seems over and.

(Yes we do sponsor a child, not in Syria, he doesn’t have a goat, but he does have a new school uniform this Christmas)

Cougar

A helpful suggestion for a Christmas present, in March.

In anticipation of your next post being one advertising your video game store, David, I’ll just point out that Astroturfing is against the terms and conditions of the forum and will earn you a ban.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Kids' Presents – Ideas thread’ is closed to new replies.