Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Kids MTB clothing
  • superfli
    Free Member

Anyone know of any good sites? I’m after some MTB shorts for my 7 yo. The main online stores have them, but at similar prices to adults, anything cheaper?
    Being an enduroist, he likes em nice and bright 🙂

peabrain
    Free Member

Shredxs do great shorts.

superfli
    Free Member

Thanks, but £40 for a pair of kids shorts is too much for me. Anything else out there?

bartimaeus
    Free Member

Polaris Terra – though the only place I see them now is Go Outdoors for £20. These were excellent – we got them off his cousin, and they’ve now been handed on at school (sorry).

We have some Altura inners you can have – I can bring swap for tyres (-: Decathlon also do some good ones I think… and £5-£6

I’ll ask about at the school as well as we have a few 7-8 year olds.

Royal Racing do good kids (‘youth’) stuff, but I think that’s all too big… 11 up. RRP is not cheap but I think I got Alec’s for £20-25.

nemesis
    Free Member

Start Cycles is where I got Nem Jnr’s kit – the Scott stuff is good.

http://startcycles.co.uk/clothing/bottoms-trousers/shorts.html?gender=113

Note the numbers next to the sizes in the dropdowns are approx height. My son is skinny at the hips so I sized down compared to his height and it’s spot on.

superfli
    Free Member

Thanks for the tips guys. Those start cycles shorts look good. I’ve also found some funky blue ones on Dare2b.
    Fergus, thanks for the offer of the inners, but I prefer not to go for 2nd hand inners 🙂 Shorts, yes, but pants – no!
    Hurry up and take my tyres! I’ve just bought some more 650 tyres, so the space I have freed up is now once again taken lol!

matt_outandabout

We have gone for Scott and Nike lycra in black, usually from Start Cycles, with Adidas shorts or 3/4’s over.

Not trendy ‘Enduro’ – but really functional…

P-Jay
    Free Member

Go Outdoors and Mountain Warehouse can be good sources of stuff, especially ‘out of season’.

Most of my lads stuff isn’t cycle specific, merely outdoor wear – although some how he managed to wangle a pair of Troy Lee Gloves out of me that cost twice what mine did!

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Decathalon do a decent range also.

hatter

Madison do decent lined baggies in sizes all the way down to age 4 up to age 12 I think they’re about £30.

Got a pair for my nipper ready for when he turns 4.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Kids MTB clothing’ is closed to new replies.