Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Kids home work – plagiarism or inspiration?
  • hammerite
    Free Member

As is usual when Jnr gets a particularly big piece of homework it feels like I’m doing most of the work (which really winds me up). This time he’s had to write a story in the style of a Sherlock Holmes tale.

So he comes up with a basic idea of a story, I helped by giving him some extra twist and detail to the story. Trouble is the story is now practically a carbon copy of a Scooby Doo cartoon (only with a couple of murders added).

Let’s hope his teacher doesn’t compare the kids stories with cartoons!

Bah, you would have got away with it too, if it wasn’t for those meddling kids.

maccruiskeen

I think the give away is you’ve replaced Watson with Scrappy Doo

hammerite
    Free Member

The villain was Mr Johnson the janitor.

alpinegirl
    Free Member

There’s a great video here (http://www.thersa.org/events/rsaanimate/animate/rsa-animate-changing-paradigms) about education, but one of my favourite things it says is something like:
    in the real world it’s called collaboration, in school it’s called cheating

chakaping
    Free Member

Let me guess, the villain put lumionus paint on a bedsheet to create that extra-convincing ghost costume?

hammerite
    Free Member

chakaping you see this is one of the big differences with our story. Instead of just scaring people off, the villain is killing people to scare others off.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Kids home work – plagiarism or inspiration?’ is closed to new replies.