Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Kids first bike – Spherovelo?
  • smashit
    Free Member

With wee girl’s first birthday coming up in January I’m starting to plan a year of cycling firsts including trailers, bike seats and first bikes.

Anyone have experience of a Spherovelo? http://earlyrider.com/products/spherovelo

Worth it or just wait till old enough for a first balance bike (probably a Cruzee)?

trickydisco
    Free Member

Ordered one for my nipper who’s 1 on christmas day. Heard really good things about them so took a punt.

The earlyrider bikes look really well made

peabrain
    Free Member

There were some very cheap on the ex demo bit of Evans website

timbur
    Free Member

Wait and get a little Puky. My lad didn’t get it but the Puky flicked the switch.

ks562
    Free Member

Got one for my wee nephew’s first birthday. He didn’t really get it for a while, just loved pushing it round. Now 18 months and loving it. His friend was using it at a year. Guess they all progress differently. Really well made product though.

johnnystorm

My daughter has largely ignored hers, possibly because it’s hard work on carpet. Have you got a large expanse of wood floor, laminate, tiles, etc?

johnnystorm

I should add she’s not that fussed by her balance bike either, how did this happen?! 🙄

smashit
    Free Member

johnnystorm – Member
    My daughter has largely ignored hers, possibly because it’s hard work on carpet. Have you got a large expanse of wood floor, laminate, tiles, etc?

Open-plan wooden floored dining room, living room and hallway so could be a winner. Also the wooden deck as well once the spring arrives so could be a winner.

They aren’t all that pricey for a cool bit of kit anyway!

Cheers all!

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I have just bought one for a mate and his 8 month old daughter (whose a little young for it still), after seeing one in the flesh on the window ledge in the BikeSwanky shop/hub. They look really good.

smashit
    Free Member

OK then…. seeing as I like supporting LBSs… Anyone know of somewhere that stocks them in Newcastle (upon Tyne)?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Kids first bike – Spherovelo?’ is closed to new replies.