Viewing 16 posts - 81 through 96 (of 96 total)
  • Kids Company
  • chewkw
    Free Member

edlong – Member
    Okay, you know those MacMillan nurses?

Never heard of them in my life. Really. But odinary hospital nurses yes.

Based on what you said here they are Not really fantastic because they are professionals, I assume them to be, just like any other salaried nurses. i.e. that is their job and you do shite job you get fired.

Therefore, based on your arguments no salary no fantastic people. Good salary good fantastic people.

No wonder the bloody world revolves around money and plenty of it.

binners – Member

Mrs Binners works for a charity, and has worked for charities for years. She took a big pay cut (from a private sector job) to move into a more rewarding job. She works her arse off. So do all the people she works with. For lower salaries than equivalent private sector jobs

Stress? The evil of competitive money grabbing in the private sector? You get paid good salary but they want your soul? The back stabbing evil ZMs that wanted to cause her stress so they could benefit themselves etc etc. All these come into mind.

Can you just explain why…
    A) she, and her colleagues, shouldn’t be paid?

If they have volunteered their lives for the greater good etc …

Hey if you volunteer to work for a charity you know you should not get paid ya? I mean volunteer …

If you get paid in charity organisation/company etc then you are merely hiding the fact that it is an easy money to grab then competitive private sector. The aspect of working for a charity also makes people perceive that you are doing volunteering work hence should be rewarded and naturally angelic. Which also means less stress and good money (good in the sense of not too much competition) …

B) how charities are meant to function, any more than any other business, without paid staff?

You can still function like any other organisation if you really want to and have the heart to be really who you are (volunteers). Getting paid etc … nahhh … that’s just good easy money. I don’t buy that.

C) why a charity would be any more attractive to crooks than a private business?

People are less likely to scrutinise them until something happens …

😯

binners

What’s it like, being you?

matt_outandabout

.I have always considered people working for charity and getting paid, especially salary, is completely wrong. Once people get paid salary then the crooks will slowly move in … money is involved crooks are about. Simple.

I am a crook then, having spent half my working life working for a charity…

chewkw
    Free Member

binners – Member

What’s it like, being you?

I am just being honest to myself by looking into the true nature of human beings. 😯

Hence, my catch phrase …

matt_outandabout – Member

.I have always considered people working for charity and getting paid, especially salary, is completely wrong. Once people get paid salary then the crooks will slowly move in … money is involved crooks are about. Simple.

I am a crook then, having spent half my working life working for a charity… [/quote]

I don’t know, not saying you are, but you need to ask yourself these questions:

1. Why are you there? Compassionate? Less stressful work?

2. Why do you think you should get paid? You have done a good job? Because you deserve pay? You can justify your value for work done?

3. Easier than joining the rat race?

I mean if the charity company outsource some of their functions away then I can understand. i.e. you are NOT the employee of the charity.

But if you are directly paid then you are an employee.

😮

edlong
    Free Member

I know, I know, don’t feed the trolls, but. so. hard. to. ignore. such. moronic. idiocy……

chewkw
    Free Member

edlong – Member
    I know, I know, don’t feed the trolls, but. so. hard. to. ignore. such. moronic. idiocy……

Hey, do as you wish …

If you think you are doing a good job and happy with it then so be it …

I am merely seeing some of the true nature of human beings that’s all.

😛

edlong
    Free Member

You’re not gonna get a bite here, might as well move on…

nealglover
    Free Member

I’m finding it hard to form a proper response that sums up my thoughts on the utter crap chewkw is spouting.

You really have taken your stupidity to a whole new level.

That is without doubt the dumbest pile of shit I’ve ever seen posted on here.

Mind boggled.

chewkw
    Free Member

edlong – Member
    You’re not gonna get a bite here, might as well move on…

😀

nealglover – Member
    I’m finding it hard to form a proper response that sums up my thoughts on the utter crap chewkw is spouting.

Likewise I am finding plenty of shite about people who try to justify their positions … i.e. they got their cakes, they ate them, everyone could see that but could not be bothered with it.

You win! But try to stop portraying yourself as some sort of a saint with keys to the pearly gates. 🙄

I mean I can see you coming … 😮

irc

Not sure it was reasonable for Batwoman to have a chauffeur and register his daughter as a client so some private school expenses could be paid. As claimed by former staff.

You what?

An insider’s story.

. On Fridays little packages of cash were handed out to every young person through a small window in reception. It was always tense. There were tears. There was shouting. There were threats. There were fights. There would have been even more of all these things if it hadn’t been for the presence of Kids Company’s security.

We need to talk about Kids Company

allthepies
    Free Member

All very fishy. Why did KC close up shop themselves when they were OK to continue given a change of leadership ? Scared of someone else coming on and finding out what had been going on ?

The truth will come out over time, I fear it will be ugly.

Northwind

allthepies – Member

All very fishy. Why did KC close up shop themselves when they were OK to continue given a change of leadership ?

This seems pretty well reported tbh, they weren’t OK to continue- they received the government funding but lost other significant donors, and didn’t have sufficient cash reserves to weather that. (no doubt uncertainty from batmanghelidjh leaving wouldn’t help any of this)

binners

That article reads like some hopelessly naive bleeding heart liberal who’s just encountered the reality of life at the pointier end of society for the first time, and is shocked to find it’s not all roses and kittens?

You go to work in one of the most deprived areas, with some of the most disadvantaged and marginalised kids, and you’re surprised to discover that some of them are violent, and some smoke weed? Who’d have thunk it Eh?

irc

You go to work in one of the most deprived areas, with some of the most disadvantaged and marginalised kids, and you’re surprised to discover that some of them are violent, and some smoke weed? Who’d have thunk it Eh?

Perhaps. Though if the centres are that violent maybe they aren’t doing much good. I’ve seen disadvantaged kids being dealt with in a few environments and there are usually ground rules about behaviour enforced which mean the violence is to a large extent kept on the street and not in the centre.

edlong
    Free Member

By crikey.

Re-reading this thread hasn’t changed my opinion that this place is beyond hope – the tedious, insistent, relentless dickheadery drowns out the good posters on here.

Anyway, back on topic: way back a couple of pages before the idiots overran the thread, there was a discussion about it being a bit suspicious that the final nail in the coffin, the coup de grace, the death knell for Kids Company, was the loss of private funding as a direct result of police investigations into allegations of abuse (including sexual abuse).

It seemed fishy that someone aware of such activity and concerned enough to have supposedly reported it at the time (but it being swept under the carpet), then sat on the information until the time it became a strategic weapon when deployed via the “news” desk of the Daily Mail.

Anyway, I see this in the news today:

Makes you think…

ourmaninthenorth

Very interesting – was never a fan of CB (too much ego), but the allegation of trial by media has an interesting ring to it.

In light of this it would be good to see a comprehensive review to assess whether it was objectively any better or worse run that a charity of similar size and how much of a causal link there was between the allegations and its collapse.

Viewing 16 posts - 81 through 96 (of 96 total)

The topic ‘Kids Company’ is closed to new replies.