Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Kids bikes – wife has made me a hypocrite….
  • MoreCashThanDash

I have a long track record of pointing out on here that second hand Ridgebacks/Spesh/Carerras have not done our kids any harm on all the Frog/Islabike threads. As much because MrsMC could never be convinced that they were a worthwhile investment.

LittleMissMC has just outgrown her 20″ Carerra, so we hired a 24″ wheel Frog at Kirroughtree earlier in the week. She loved it, and raced away on it.

Went back today, and she wanted to hire it again, so we did it. Left her mum for dead on the blue taster loop. Over the next 3 hours my darling wife managed to come up with a whole range of reasons and ways a Frog would be a worthwhile purchase, involving early Xmas/birthday presents, money back selling on her Luna, using a contribution from LittleMissMC’s so far untouched savings account, plus the future resale value…..

It was as if she’d heard bike purchases being creatively justified before!

So the Frog gets delivered next week!

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

We had Frog bikes at the Big Bike Bash this year courtesy of The Hub Southampton.

Great little bikes.

matt_outandabout

8)

So, what is the n+1 while you are on a roll?

ads678

Don’t want to start a wheel size debate, but i reckon it probably had more to do with the wheels than the name!!

That said I’ve been looking at a 24″ wheel bike for my lad and reckon it’s gonna cost me fortune cos i want to build one up with him……..

MoreCashThanDash

Moab- I hired an Orange Clockwork 120 earlier in the week, but only managed to blag a new Laser helmet as my “early Christmas present” 🙄

Though I do have an XT 1×11 groupset, wheels, forks, tyres, bars waiting at home to bling up the old Cotic 😉

Waiting for it to kick off when her brother discovers her first brand new bike cost £100 more than his. But given that he rode the full blue route on his Rockrider 5.1 this week, not sure he needs anything better! Not bad for a non-sporty lad!

igm

I hate to say I told you so, but I told you so MoreCash, just the other day. 8)

At the end of the day though the main thing is she loves it. Your feelings don’t matter.

MoreCashThanDash

😳

br
    Free Member

I have a long track record of pointing out on here that second hand Ridgebacks/Spesh/Carerras have not done our kids any harm on all the Frog/Islabike threads. As much because MrsMC could never be convinced that they were a worthwhile investment.

Need to grow a pair it seems. 😉

MoreCashThanDash

I don’t need to grow a pair!

If I need them I just ask MrsMC if I can get them from her handbag where she keeps them.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

We’re on our jollys over at Ribby Hall and there’s a little bridle path that circles most of the place.

It was the bluearsedfly junior no2’s birthday on Tuesday and she received a Beinn 24 as a present, I’ve been pleasantly surprised at how much quicker she has been on the 24 versus her old 20″ bso.

She loved riding a bike before but we can’t get her off the thing now.

JoeG
    Free Member

Over the next 3 hours my darling wife managed to come up with a whole range of reasons and ways a Frog would be a worthwhile purchase, involving early Xmas/birthday presents, money back selling on her Luna, using a contribution from LittleMissMC’s so far untouched savings account, plus the future resale value…..

OP’s Mrs wants a new bike for herself I’d say…

MoreCashThanDash

Been trying to sort her a new bike for years but she is never interested – mainly as whatever we get needs modifying for her disability.

She found her current limit on the blue taster loop at Kirroughtree, a better bike would have helped though.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Kids bikes – wife has made me a hypocrite….’ is closed to new replies.