Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Kids bikes again.. Commencal Ramones 16 Anyone??
  • cloudnine
    Free Member

Little minx cloudnine is 4 in 4 weeks time and has all but outgrown her cnoc 14.

She loves the colour yellow and ive seen a good deal (£150) on a commencal ramones 16..
    It looks quite nice but cant seem to find the weight of it.. anyone own one??

peabrain
    Free Member

8.5kg for the 2015, 9.7 i think for the 2014.

mtbr forum

cloudnine
    Free Member

Its the 2014.. how is an alu framed bike that small 9.7kg 😯

Interesting comment about the high BB.. she can actually ride pretty good so maybe just another Islabike….

eulach

Careful with bb heights on small wheels. A low bb means gounding chainrings on obstacles and can make pump tracks unrideable.

cloudnine
    Free Member

She clips pedals on our local track on her cnoc14.. but big sis is fine on a cnoc 16.
    Its just the lack of colour choice that had me looking else where.
    The early rider belter looks really nice but no front brake

BearBack
    Free Member

Also befuddled how it can weigh almost 10kg when this comes in 3kg lighter

peabrain
    Free Member

Maybe, the weights are wrong? My son’s 16″ bike is only 7kg too.

weeksy

My Ridgeback for sale is much better VFM, same price new… Half price barely used 🙂

moshimonster
    Free Member

The early rider belter looks really nice but no front brake

Yes it does. Front and rear brake according to the website and pictures clearly show it. I was thinking of getting one for my princess.

cloudnine
    Free Member

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/early-rider/belter-16-kids-bike-ec045196

I’ve seen it with and without a front brake in a few different photos.. It’s an ace looking bike

weeksy

Just so you know, I only got 10 months out of ours, from when my lad was the right size, to it being too small on the 16.

Personally now, I won’t be buying new, 10 months isn’t long ..

moshimonster
    Free Member

cloudnine – the original Belter only had a rear brake, but all the new spec ones have both front and rear. Just ordered one for our 5 year old daughter.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Kids bikes again.. Commencal Ramones 16 Anyone??’ is closed to new replies.