Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Kids bikes
  • luke
    Free Member

Narrowed the choice of a new bike for my 6 year old to the following, Giant Animator 16, Specialized Hotrock 16, Isla Cnoc16, or the Dawes Blowfish 16 anyone have any advice/opinion's to help me decide. The Isla bike would be my first choice but its the Lads least favourite and I'd like to get it this weekend which wouldn't be possiable with the Isla.

boxelder

We got ours a Cnoc16. Fantastic wee bike but:

The pedal back brake causes problems – reluctant to use it at first and nows struggles to modulate – back wheel slides, and it makes it harder to learn to start pedalling as you can't back pedal. New one comes without it, but check.

Our lad lusts after a more flash, colourfull bike. We're going to need to buy stickers and spoil the stealthy good looks.

If they can't pedal yet, drop the saddle and take the pedals off – scoot-a-long – teaches balance and braking before they can pedal speed up.

luke
    Free Member

He can already pedal, but still needs stabilizers and has outgrown his current bike.

boxelder

I meant pedal on 2 wheels. It's the balance that needs to be mastered. Buy a Cnoc16 and remove the pedals. We never fitted stabilisers, having bought the bike for his 4th B'day. The problem now is getting him to slow down/stop trying to do daft things – having kids is terrifying at times…..

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Kids bikes’ is closed to new replies.