Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Kids bike
  • lizziebb1
    Free Member

We are looking to buy our daughter ( 22 months) her first bike. I have found a specialized hot walk, Isla Rothan and ridgeback scoot. I am looking for reviews or recommendation please.

takisawa2

Rothan would probably lose least value, but either of those would be ace for her.

isitafox
    Free Member

I wouldnt bother spending the extra cash on a Isla bike.I bought our first child an Adams Runner for £70 and that is still going strong 4 1/2 years later after teaching 2 boys to ride.

allfankledup

I still recommend micro scooters, two wheels at the front, one wide wheel/two sandwiched together at the back – brings on balance skills, easier for parent to carry, more usable generally. Supplemented with a v.cheap likeabike thing.

First bike was an inherited giant 16″ some time later….

hatter

Get the lightest one you can sensibly afford because A: At some point you’ll have to carry it a fair distance and B: A kilo or so in weight makes a big difference to how easy the wee ones find them to ride.

Either way they are ace, it’s largely pot-luck whether or not your nipper takes to them but I’m happy to report that Hatter junior has been zipping along since his 2nd birthday, he’s even happy off road, can’t do this on a micro scooter.

BearBack
    Free Member

I’m an absolute believer in run bikes.
    I’d recommend getting something that has a hand brake (or will take a hand brake later) that way you can factor that into the balance bike learning process and jump straight to a pedal bike once the time is right.
    So that discounts the Hotwalk.. The lighter weight of the Rothan is a huge plus over the Scoot.

Travis

Go for a run / balance bike.

The children pick up balance quite quickly.

I also agree with the above points, it has to be light enough for you to carry both the child and the bike, and one with a brake (either with, or later)
    When our first had his, we lived in a very flat area, so a brake wasn’t necessary, now, we live in a rather hilly area, and I have to run everywhere after her to slow her down on corners.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Kids bike’ is closed to new replies.