Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Kids 24" MTB Bike Build based on a Carrera Blast 24 Photos
  • boriselbrus
    Free Member

The stock Carrera Blast weighs 13.15kg. The box says 13.5kg net weight, 16.5kg gross weight.

So not so bad as the website says but nowhere near as good as the OP’s efforts 🙂

dai21t
    Free Member

I have also built up a bike for my son based on a Carrera Blast. Spec is:
    Superstar dhx wheels / hubs. Not the lightest but had them for a good price.
    Rst F1rst suspension forks
    Schwalbe smart sam tyres 24×2.1
    Sram x9 rear mech and shifter
    Superstar 30t nw chainring
    Sram cranks shortened to 152mm
    Avid brakes
    Answer handlebars
    Shimano saint pedals

johnski15
    Free Member

boriselbrus – Member
    The stock Carrera Blast weighs 13.15kg. The box says 13.5kg net weight, 16.5kg gross weight.

So not so bad as the website says but nowhere near as good as the OP’s efforts

Thanks mate. I’m well happy with the weight at 9.5kg.

So much so, my lad asked what was under the dust sheets in the garage today (birthday is 19th Sept) so I quickly told him he needed to drive (steer) my car back onto the drive… Diverted!!

johnski15
    Free Member

Was just reading the new MBUK and looking at the SRAM NX line of running gear.

Interestingly the Chainset comes in a 155mm length.

https://www.sram.com/sram/mountain/products/nx-1x-x-sync-crankset

Good news for Dad’s building the dream kids machine

curvature
    Free Member

It’s great fun building up the little ones bikes.

It also allowed me to try out my wheel building on my son first and not me! Well they were his words when I said I was building his new wheels!

I’m starting to build up a 26″ wheel bike next for him with a small Cannonade F800 frame and a set of Sid forks. It may still be a bit big so has anyone used a small 26″ wheeled frame and put 24″ wheels in as a short term measure?

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Kids 24" MTB Bike Build based on a Carrera Blast 24 Photos’ is closed to new replies.