Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Kids 16 inch bike
  • backinireland
    Free Member

He’s had the 14″ Islabike and now needs a 16
    Any other bikes to consider other than the bigger Islabike?

yetidave
    Free Member

considered going up another size? we kept first on the 14″ until well outgrown, then got a 20″ with a low slung frame which was just small enough, but loads of scope to grow into.

franksinatra

In the same position and seriously considering this

Early Rider Belter

The only thing holding me back is the knowledget that Isla bikes hold their value so well when looking to sell in the future

binners

I’d have suggested going for a low 20″. a Carrera blast is ideal, and brilliant for the money!

scott-b
    Free Member

My boy had a ridgeback mx16 which was great. Just swapped to the mx20.

Stainypants

I;m in exactly the same position my eldest is 5 but has long legs looks like shes pearhched on the 14 inch bike, I was thinking of going for an 18inch there arn’t that many around perhaps a dawes blowfish. its the weight of 20″ bikes that put me off.

cost isn’t a massive issue as it will get used by my two other kids.

carlphillips
    Free Member

+1 carrera blast.

longj
    Free Member

Specialized Hotrock is worth a look. It’s heavier than the Beinn but not ridiculously so. My daughter was able to use the twist shifters easy enough and it seems fairly well balanced – Only one crash so far !

takisawa2

+another1 for Carrera Blast 20″.

Spend the money you’ve saved over a Beinn 20 small on some 20″ carbon forks from Exotic, & some 20″ Smallblock8’s…

My lad has a Beinn 20 small by the way.

backinireland
    Free Member

14 to a 20 seems a big step
    might try him on a few sizes in halfords
    islabikes are ridiculous on ebay, saw a 16″ go for 189 with 20 quid postage when they are 199 free postage new

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Kids 16 inch bike’ is closed to new replies.