Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Kidney update
  • molgrips
    Free Member

I posted on here about kidneys a while back.

Well I finally got round to going to the doc Monday morning, and low and behold the pain'd gone that morning. Still gone now.

Still, there was a tiny tiny trace of blood and protein in my pee, and I am going for ultrasound.

Hopefully, it was a stone of some kind and has now broken up and passed.

Pook

[harbinger of doom mode]

If it was a stone, you'd feel it. Keep a very close eye on the symptoms. Chronic kidney disease can go a long time unrecognised, although to be fair to you, it doesn't normally give you acute pain.
    Even if it it is CKD, the early stages are perfectly manageable with diet and exercise.
    [/harbinger of doom mode]

But it probably won't be. It's most likely to be a stone as you say.

molgrips
    Free Member

Seemed to be a fair few different varieties of stones when I looked on wiki. And there were some bits in my pee sample, but that could've been in the tupperware cup I pulled out of the drawer before I peed in it…

Doc said either a stone, a cyst or a tumor. Tumor less likely.. but she didn't say HOW less likely..!

Incidentally, I also stopped taking vitamin pills (forgot, mostly).. so I looked at the ingredients and they are mostly calcium and magnesium salts..

skiprat
    Free Member

I'm off in tomorrow for a ultra sound and x-ray in the morning….and then
    a "tiny camera up the penis" in the afternoon!!

I just can't wait!!!!! Blood and protein in pee, no pain and no other problems noted. Just have to wait and see.

docrobster
    Free Member

The majority of these in young people turn up no cause
    Although I did have a 39 yr old diagnosed with kidney cancer after just a bit of blood in the pee a couple of years ago, so go for the tests!
    (He's fine now by the way, just missing a kidney)

rich_tee
    Free Member

I had blood in the urine 2 years ago and went for the ultra-sound tests and camera investigation. Hopefully the only time I had the opportunity of looking at my own bladder.

Turned out one of the tubes that links kidney to bladder was too narrow and reduced functioning of kidney to 33% rather than 50%. Small op carried out and all seems ok so far.

hope goes well.

skiprat
    Free Member

Cheers doc, my only problem is i worked in the solvent industry for a number of years (getting covered in the stuff) and thanks to the internet my wife now has all sorts of things running through her mind.

Sure it'll be nothing anyway. (fingers crossed)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Kidney update’ is closed to new replies.