Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Kiddy care near trail centres?
  • takisawa2

Good luck. It sounds like you'll find a happy medium.

molgrips
    Free Member

Never mind all the people who say 'oh your life is over you'll be dead on your feet forever'. It's not necessarily like that (as long as you don't end up seriously anaemic like my Mrs).

Don't admit defeat. Your life is to be made to the satisfaction of all involved. This means NOT giving up what you love. You need to carefully plan exactly how you are going to do things and make damn sure you're not doing any more work than is absolutely necessary. This means NOT, I repeat N.O.T ironing baby clothes – amongst other things. Yes, people do do this – talk about making work for yourself!

You could get a Chariot trailer with the baby sling and suspension, but that limits you to fire-roads so won't be that much fun. My suggestion would be to either ride near your house and get a babysitter in, or ride near the house of someone who can look after your baby 🙂

Looby-Lou
    Free Member

Even if you don't get out nearly as much, the stolen moments of riding that you do do whether separately or together will seem so much better and more precious than the pre baby rides. Even a 45 min ride along the canal seems exciting to me now! However your fitness make take some time to come back and is harder to sustain. One year on, I still can't manage more than about 3 hours before I am finished!

Get your baby used to be looked after by others even if only for a few hours early on then it won't be a wrench for either of you.

And your life defintley isn't over, it is just different and I think enriched because you still have your old life to revisit but have an entirely new one as well. Good luck.

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Kiddy care near trail centres?’ is closed to new replies.