Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Kiddie carrying cargo bike with added fatness
  • motorman
    Free Member

Like cycling? Have kids? 🙂

Built for family days out to beach/park/trails & bike camping trips with beer & BBQ 8)

As you were

wwaswas

cables could do with a trim.

Euro
    Free Member

Like it. Is that room for two on the back?

motorman
    Free Member

Yep wee one in the seat & young lad in front using seat pad & stoker bars

AlexSimon

Very nice indeed.
    I’ve stopped using my xtracycle and need to do one last epic trip on it before selling I reckon.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Love it, double thumbs up from me! I’m starting to look at practical luggage and son carrying bikes at the moment. This looks like really good fun.

MussEd
    Free Member

I like that. Can I put my name down to buy that off you for about 18months time? Nice shed by the way!

rhbrhb
    Free Member

how much?

TimP
    Free Member

Oh AlexSimon, let me know if you are selling Xtracycle bits please?

OP that looks awesome

yunki
    Free Member

lardman
    Free Member

@euro….

that can be two on the back. I can even get all three on.

clicky

lardman
    Free Member

@motorman…..

With regard to your post about ALfine’ing the Yuba.

I tried to run a Alfine on my Yuba, and it kind of half worked.
    The problem was that the big stand i had (hebbie?) rubbed on the chain without using a mech to keep the chain line lower. Also, the rear dropout size is a bit oversize, which means that the combination of spacers and alfine gets a bit tricky.

works…just.

TiRed

nice, but what you really need is extra pedalling 🙂 . Not fat, but fast…

seadog101

Once saw a tandem which had a nipper sat between Ma and Pa. Even had wee pedals that were linked to the rear chainset with a third chain! Keep em Stoking!

motorman
    Free Member

@ Lardman

I am waiting for yuba spacer for alfine & nuvinci to arrive from the states before I start the Mk2 rear wheel.

I am running the standard wheel at the moment, but I was thinking I would need a long tension to clear the stand. Thanks for info.

stevious

That looks ace Motoman.

Just wondering if there was any deep rationale behind fat wheels for this bike, or was it just for fun?

MussEd
    Free Member

What are these bikes called? Can’t quite make the name out….Mubu?

Edit- got it….Yuba mundo

motorman
    Free Member

Stevious,

I have taken the kids out on a fatbike before & it work because –

1. Much nicer ride for the wee ones, basically sitting on a big cushion of air smoothing out the ride.
    2. Make riding across grass etc so much easier
    3. I live on the coast, so it allows us to travel along the beach

Oh, most important, it is fun! Thats what bikes are supposed to be about, right 8) I also have some camping trips lined up with this bike.

lardman
    Free Member

I have fashioned up a bracket for a seat that is suspended of the rear of the rack, (from a Hamax mount)
    This allows me to run the pad and stoker bars for my four year old. and the twins go in the hard seats.

You have to be very careful when trying to get off the bike as its pretty top heavy. BUT the boys love it.

@motorman….
    The problem with the chain might be solved by a long cage mech, but i think it would still be close, as the chain gets ‘pulled’ up behind the chainring slightly when pedalling. It may well still rub on the stand.

i thought about running some kind of ‘anti’ chain tensioner (one that pulls it down instead of up), but in the end decided it was too much grief.

Not to mention the struggle it is to get the alfine cable clipped into the hub when its behind the running boards etc: tight.

Good luck anyhow!.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Kiddie carrying cargo bike with added fatness’ is closed to new replies.