Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 115 total)
  • Kid in car, baked to perfection.
  • gears_suck
    Free Member

Popped out to the crooked house today after my ride and as I pulled up there was a screaming kid in the car next to me. I got out and looked to see what the fuss was about.
    Blazing sunshine streaming through closed window directly onto a small child strapped into car seat. I’d guess 15-18 months old. I looked about to see no adults present. When considering my options, a dopey looking porker showed up and appeared to be tending said infant. I left and entered the pub. 15 minutes later I came out to get something from the car and the kid is still in seat with window up and still baking to a crisp while screaming blue murder.
    I enquired to several couples at outside tables to find the parents. After establishing who they were, I politely asked if they were aware of the situation. They responded by informing me he was alright. I insisted he was not. They then told me categorically to mind my own business. Not an option for me I’m afraid. I told them they were breaking the law and I would call the police. They told me to go ahead. I’d did!
    It was only at that point they became concerned. Not for the child, but for themselves. They drove away quickly as I was speaking to the police.
    What hope have we got when we’re surrounded by these degenerates?

sbd16v
    Free Member

good on you

but please next time dont confront them allow the police to do that 😉

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

The problem is that the underclass multiply far more than the rest of us, so were being swamped. Hot sunny days seem to bring out the worst in some people, usually alcohol fuelled.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

id have put a window through in the car

ohnohesback
    Free Member

What has this got to do with the class of the parents?

orangeboy
    Free Member

Ffs I’m not a fan of children but if your going to hbe some do it right.

dabble
    Free Member

id have put a window through in the car

8)

SaxonRider

A genuine well done from me, g_s. You didn’t happen to get the plate number, did you?

RustySpanner

ohnohesback – Member

When considering my options, a dopey looking porker showed up and appeared to be tending said infant.

Or their size?

gears_suck
    Free Member

Indeed I did. The police had all that information from me over the phone.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

Another time mind you don’t send glass over the child: the windscreen might be a safe option, and possibly the most expensive. Did you manage to tell the cops the car number?

gears_suck
    Free Member

ohnohesback – Member

POSTED 12 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST
    I don’t know how to respond to that.

northernmatt

I don’t think it has anything to do with the class of the parents, you get degenerates in all walks of life and in all shapes and sizes. They all have one thing in common and that is a lack of a brain.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Well done chap, babies dehydrate fast, hope plod gives them a real ear bending, that or calls the Social about them.

garage-dweller

Good on you gs.

More common with locked up dogs but that is literally criminal (actually it is with dogs too).

There is a well known Dorset tourist attraction with big warning signs at its entrance with a set of rules for leaving dogs in cars accompanied by a very clear statement that at any sign of an animal in distress / being left with inadequate care you will be losing some glass and the law will be invited to attend.

Surely this isnt necessary for kids in car parks.

I have to say I would have been tempted to put the window through FIRST then call the police then look for the parents. I somehow doubt that the old bill would take issue with you reacting quickly to prevent harm to a toddler.

project
    Free Member

Also ring the nspcc, and report it, kids are for life not just for weekends.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

If that has to be explained to you then you wouldn’t understand anyway.

hora
    Free Member

I would have kicked merry hell. Today our 3yr old fell asleep. We parked against a shaded 4 storey wall facing the cafe window where we sat with drivers window wide open.

FeeFoo
    Free Member

If that has to be explained to you then you wouldn’t understand anyway.

Go on then, explain.
    Looking forward to this.

hora
    Free Member

People who also smoke in the car window slightly open?

However class? Many posters on here took Coke and dance biscuits before and after pregnancy.

These are working class made fancy-types.

RustySpanner

hora – Member

However class? Many posters on here took Coke and dance biscuits before and after pregnancy.

Anyone work at GCHQ?
    Could you decode this please? 😀

hora
    Free Member

On your weekend working class smack I see

DezB
    Free Member

Oh, singletrackworld is so confusing… Is it the people who left their kid in the car that we’re supposed to be against, or the people who’ve posted stuff slagging them off?

beefheart
    Free Member

Oh, singletrackworld is so confusing… Is it the people who left their kid in the car that we’re supposed to be against, or the people who’ve posted stuff slagging them off?

Go with your gut.

glupton1976
    Free Member

The problem is that the underclass multiply far more than the rest of us, so were being swamped. Hot sunny days seem to bring out the worst in some people, usually alcohol fuelled.

With the ability to take leaps that big you should take up long jumping as you’d set records that would never be beaten.

Can you define what the underclass is for me please.

RustySpanner

hora – Member

On your weekend working class smack I see

It’s an anagram isn’t it? 😀
    Or a cryptic crossword clue?

hora
    Free Member

You tell me drugzilla

RustySpanner

😯

Eh, I’m ‘drugzilla’ and on ‘working class smack’?

I’ve had a hayfever tablet and a Mars bar, if that helps.

Have you banged your head?
    😀

hora
    Free Member

Gurning yet?

RustySpanner

Have you been drinking in the sun?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Anyone work at GCHQ?
    Could you decode this please?

I am going for I am pissed

Can you define what the underclass is for me please.

tattoos , benefits, criminal record, drug and alcohol issues been on jermey Kyle….that sort of thing?

Whether this is an accurate description of the folk on this thread or not i find it hard to believe no one knows what these phrases mean tbh though i doubt i would use them

gwaelod
    Free Member

The couple with the kid were in halfords…they’d only popped in to buy a coat for the wife, but they were taking ages cos the husband was arguing with the spanner monkey over some punters rear mech issues

Junkyard
    Free Member

Applauds

Good effort 😀

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Go on then, explain.
    Looking forward to this.

Ahh, you got me there. Not so much ‘class’ as…I dunno what it is. I started off life as ‘lower class’ (family of miners & menial, low paid jobs on Mum & Dads side) However they had common sense & would have the sense to NOT leave an infant or a dog in the car on a hot day with the windows up!
    So mebbe nothing to do with ‘class’ but It’s certainly not the actions of responsible, sensible, accountable people.
    & I bet they went straight to McDonalds afterwards to give the kid a treat.

Oh, & I’m confused by Hora’s statement too. Been on the EvoStick?

dabble
    Free Member

I bet they went straight to McDonalds afterwards to give the kid a treat

And what has eating at McDonalds got to do with it? Eh? 👿 ……. 😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

To be fair to the middle classes, they don’t leave kids in hot cars outside the pub, they leave them in air conditioned Mark Warner apartments where they can be abducted. They might be in for a life without their parents, but at least they’ll not have sweat patches on their Joules t-shirts

project
    Free Member

Popped out to the crooked house today after my ride and as I pulled up there was a screaming kid in the car next to me. I got out and looked to see what the fuss was about.
    Blazing sunshine streaming through closed window directly onto a small child strapped into car seat. I’d guess 15-18 months old. I looked about to see no adults present. When considering my options, a dopey looking porker showed up and appeared to be tending said infant. I left and entered the pub. 15 minutes later I came out to get something from the car and the kid is still in seat with window up and still baking to a crisp while screaming blue murder.

Man walks into pub and shouts loudly somebodies left a small baby in a car outside reg number******** and the Police are on the way along with paramedics, as the baby is obviously overheating, and somebodies just smashed the window and took the radio.

That should provoke a reaction.

glupton1976
    Free Member

deadlydarcy – take a bow, take a bow. Well played.

CHB

OP: good call sir! Poor bairn.

stu1972
    Free Member

deadlydarcy +1

took the words right out my mouth

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 115 total)

The topic ‘Kid in car, baked to perfection.’ is closed to new replies.