Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Kickstarter: Znaps magnetic Lightening, USB C, Micro USB connector
  • bigblackshed

Heads up if anyone’s interested. I just backed it for two Lightening connectors and postage for 12 quid. Worth a punt.

bigblackshed

Bump for the work skivers day crowd. 😉

UrbanHiker
    Free Member

This is more STW, replaces 26+…

Cougar

URL to save you googling:

Biggest flaw I can see is that it appears to be charge only. Great if that’s all you ever use the socket for, but renders the entire thing pointless if you need the data port.

Slightly nervous about their “waterproof” claim too, they’re on shaky ground there.

speed12
    Free Member

It does have a comment about supporting data in the text so hopefully that will be there otherwise it does seem a little pointless.

I’ve put in a backing – the magsafe on a Macbook is a great idea and having it on a phone seems a good idea too. Surprised Apple hadn’t done it themselves to be honest.

CraigW
    Free Member

Interesting idea. I have an old tablet where the pins on the MicroUSB port are bent/broken, so something like this could prevent that.

It would be neater if they made a complete charging cable, instead of having to put an adapter on the end. They say they can’t do this because of an Apple patent.

woody74

By not building a complete cable they get around the need for MFI certification. MFI certification is a total pain in the arse and take that from someone that develops MFI certified products. It also makes it a ton cheaper and far far quicker to manufacture. Lead-time on getting MFI certified connectors is ridiculously long.

lovewookie

very interesting. I have a Z3 so don’t need one, but my wife and daughter are both pretty ham fisted when it comes to microUSB so this will at least attempt to save their phones ports from further abuse.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Kickstarter: Znaps magnetic Lightening, USB C, Micro USB connector’ is closed to new replies.