Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • KickStarter: CydeKick – a frictionless dynamo with USB output
  • STATO
    Free Member

Battery packs and having separate phone/gps dont help when you need a phone AND a gps in the scottish wilds when youve been camping for 3 days, but then this product is aimed at fixie-hipsters (who seemingly have 2 brakes and a freewheel so fixie-fakers) who will undoubtedly be riding to a coffee shop to browse a book of poetry for an hour or a barbers get their tash trimmed, so could easily charge their phone at said establishment.

GrahamS

Battery packs and having separate phone/gps dont help when you need a phone AND a gps in the scottish wilds when youve been camping for 3 days

They do if you get a large enough capacity battery pack – or carry more than one. 😀

aracer
    Free Member

I’m wondering how on earth I ever survived in the Scottish wilds without a phone or a GPS.

GrahamS

Laptop?

dragon
    Free Member

I’ve never used my phone or GPS unit in anger in the Scottish wilds. Now a compass and map, I would be lost without them (literally).

ukeboyska
    Free Member

FYI there’s a similar USB charging product already available at REI / Amazon / etc for less than half the price of the Cydekick at $130: http://sivacycle.com/products/atom.php .. plus it has a removable battery pack that you can charge in the wall before your ride just like any other portable extra battery back…

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘KickStarter: CydeKick – a frictionless dynamo with USB output’ is closed to new replies.