Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Kickr – Trainerroad – Zwift
  • r8jimbob88
    Free Member

So the Kickr arrives today. I’m pretty excited, in a strange kind of way!

Just a couple of questions – I plan to pop my MTB on it with 11 speed X01. Chainring is 32T and I’m wondering how this will fare with zwift, will there be enough resistance, can I control the resistance levels manually? I’m just worried i’ll be spinning out in 32 / 10 compared to road gearing.

I guess i’ll be fine with Trainerroad in Erg mode?

Did my first ride on Zwift this morning on my regualar turbo in conjunction with trainerroad (no power measurements). Was great fun.

Any other Zwift users on here?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Power curves for the kickr here.

Spinning 32/10 at 90 rpm will give you around 23 mph. So looks to be between 350 and 750 watts going from level 0 to 9.

Low cadence work may be tricker as at 60 rpm you’re looking at around 350 watts max, which may not be much depending on what sort of work you want to do.

Edit… can you fit a cassette that requires an XD driver on the Kickr?

r8jimbob88
    Free Member

Ah thats excellent thanks.

So can I choose a power level whilst using zwift? And then swift adjust to suit for the ascents / descents?

If that makes sense

mrblobby
    Free Member

I’ve no idea! But I suspect that if you stick it in Erg mode then Zwift will automatically control the resistance within the range above.

Kryton57

Kickr question if I may, I’m looking at the Kickr Snap – do we know if the roller is replacable?

I’m worried about it wearing out after a couple of years and replaceing the Kickr becuase of that would be expensive

mrblobby
    Free Member

I don’t think I’ve ever heard of a turbo needing the roller replaced due to wear. That would be a serious number of miles! I’ve logged over 500 hours on my Minoura and there is zero sign of wear on the drum.

Though no idea why anyone would buy the Snap seeing as you can get a Tacx Bushido Smart for almost half the price.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

I’ve got wear on my cycleOps fluid 2. Initially i thought it was just the tyre taking the shine off of the roller but if i run my finger across the roller I can definitely feel a slight dip where it’s worn. it’s far from a problem and I’m sure theres years more use to be had from it but it has worn.

jumble
    Free Member

Definitely can happen.

Wore out my Cyclops fluid 2. Same for my previous turbo – a Tacx magnetic jobby.

mrblobby
    Free Member

I’ve had wear on an old Tacx but the amount of hours for it to become significant enough to need replacing would be huge. Maybe worse with some tyres / drum / pressure / tightness combinations.

r8jimbob88
    Free Member

It’s arrived!

Just setting it up. Need to calibrate it next.

I did however quickly jump on it for 30 seconds. Noticed a reasonable amount of vibration from the flywheel?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Kickr – Trainerroad – Zwift’ is closed to new replies.