Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Kicking the crap out of stuff when it frustrates you…(ever a good idea?)
  • no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

I totaled a Mavic Aksium rear wheel the other day, but it deserved it – bastid. Creaking and groaning away like a goat. Pinging ever-so-annoyingly when under load, especially when slogging yer guts off uphill. A little brake squeal also – as the rim rocks from side to side, with just a hint of touching – the pads that I've spent the last 20 mins setting up just so right. Rub. Rub. Rub. Spent 2 hours the other night trueing and tensioning that bastid rear wheel, just so it wouldn't make that noise. Rub. Rub. Rub. Ping!

Okay, that does it! Take that you flinking arse of a peice of poorly designed gallic aluminium. Boot hits rim. Rim folds. Spokes actually pull through hub wall.

£94 of replacement wheel mail ordered. (Was it worth it? The wheel was only 4 months old. Pointless costly rage)

Still, I don't have to deal with that god-awful pinging, creaking, groaning noise any more. 😀

sambob
    Free Member

doesn't sound quite cost effective, but i'm sure you had fun 😉

Kevevs
    Free Member

In the heat of the moment, frustration takes over, and sommat needs a good bit of immediate Whoop Ass. Tends to be the nearest thing. Next time you do something that fiddly, blow up 1000 balloons first and have a long carving knife to hand to ease yer tension.

HTH

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Kicking the crap out of stuff when it frustrates you…(ever a good idea?)’ is closed to new replies.