Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Kick bikes so so wrong
  • chipsngravy
    Free Member

I must have lived a sheltererd life, because today I saw something I’ve never seen before. Grown men riding/pushing scooters (kick bikes) around the Purbecks. This whole experience has left me feeling damaged, dirty and scarred for life. I’m sorry but these things and the people that ride them are wronguns. The whole experience was made more farsical by watching one of the guys argue with the ferry man that it wasn’t a bike and therefore he should have to buy a bike ticket for the crossing. All for the sake of a quid wtf.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

WTF are you on about.

sc-xc

It sounds like clever advertising spam. Where can I buy a kick bike?

Bez

Dick bikes.

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Oh a scooter….

King-ocelot
    Free Member

A penny farthing with a pillock between the wheels.

sc-xc

They look fun, what’s the problem?

tazzymtb

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eFaqBLTVuI&feature=player_profilepage[/video]

stuff you lot of miserable buggers, it looks like a right laugh I agree with that sc-xc chappy up there

chvck
    Free Member

Looks a bit like a dirt surfer for people who can’t steer one

ton

fella did the paris-brest-paris audax on one of them.

Trampus
    Free Member

🙂

HermanShake
    Free Member

I think the lycra is unnecessary, but would have a go on one after a few jars.

They’d be good for kids who can’t skate (like the micro scooter), but for a full grown chap…

469 Euros (for the blingy one) and you can fit a basket to the front 😉

I bet we’ll be seeing these everywhere soon though:

Jackass123456789
    Free Member

Just showed my wife and her response was ‘WTF are those?!? are they for people who never learnt to ride a bike?’

Summed it up quite nicely I thought!

ampthill

People are always trying to invent something thats a sort of clever off road gravity powered thing, like a mountain board say

but they always end up with a rubbish bike

but I’d have seen them it would have made my day…..

GW
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClXBr0ndhK8[/video]

probably can’t skate, never mind ride a bike 🙄

😉

njee20
    Free Member

Remember their being a team of them at Mayhem in 05, in the wet, they were last by a very long way. Couldn’t ‘ride’ up, nor down the hills. I just think you look special!

King-ocelot
    Free Member

I think my earlier comment was a little unfair as they do seem to provide enjoyment. I think I would give them a go provided the rear wheel had a chain device so I could drive it via pedals, I’d then add a saddle to sit on and make the wheels equal size so they don’t look as special. Oh hang on that’s been done.

Skoolshoes
    Free Member

I remember having one of these in the 80’s. BMX scooter or “scootex” as they were known as, back in the day.

LoveTubs
    Free Member

That is going to work your glutes BIG time, and Hamys…might get one to bal my ‘classic’ biking 😛

float
    Free Member

i want to take it off some dirt jumps

uphillcursing
    Free Member

GW – Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClXBr0ndhK8

probably can’t skate, never mind ride a bike

Seems wrong on many levels to me.

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

Each to their own.

MrKmkII
    Free Member

they’re nothing new, they’ve just made them appealling to old people by putting a big front wheel in 😛

7hz
    Free Member

It’s all a bit Nathan Barley, in’t it!

brakes
    Free Member

do you swap legs, or just drive with one leg?
    surely you’re just going to end up with one disproportionately large arse cheek?

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Kick bikes so so wrong’ is closed to new replies.