Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Kia ceed owners
  • damascus
    Free Member

Hi,

I’m looking at buying a 2nd hand kia ceed (less than 7 years old) and looking for experience of owning one.

If anyone has one especially the estate then please let me know what they are like, maintenance costs etc.

My recent cars have been vw but a mini D is on the way so need a bigger car so Mrs D’s polo needs to go.

Half tempted to stay with vw but you get a lot more car for your money and I like look of the ceed.

Thanks

footflaps

Nice cars to drive, no major gotchas that I know of (wife manages 17 dealerships for Kia UK, so I ought to know).

We have one as a company car at the moment as does her dad and my brother (her grade gets allocated four company cars!).

bruneep

(her grade gets allocated four company cars!).

Just how is that necessary?

rhid

I have a new one as a company car and its good!

I drive it places and it doesnt break down. I have the hatchback and there is a fair bit of room in the back for bikes etc. I do really like it but I have no real interest in cars beyond using them for transport!

footflaps

Just how is that necessary?

It’s a cheap perk for the company and employee as manufactures can offer company cars at a much lower rate than anyone else (as they provide them at the real build cost and still sell them for more than they cost to build after the employee has used them).

exupmonkey
    Free Member

My wife has had her 2011 Pro C’eed from new and I have to say it’s been a brilliant car. Running costs are minimal and in the rare event something did go wrong the Kia warranty stepped up and rectified without question. It’s solidly built and the fit and finish is still great after 7 years. Only negative for her is that she was a bit disappointed in the performance of the 1.6 petrol engine, both in terms of mpg and oomph but other than that, it’s been simply very very good!

cdoc
    Free Member

We bought a 2012 Proceed (facelift) model as an approved used from Kia as it had five years warranty left. Really can’t do much but echo exupmonkey above. Great car, no real problems and fantastic dealer service.
    The warranty just ran out on ours so we picked up the new ’17 version and by heck, it is lovely compared to its rivals! Spec list is unbeatable for the price and the new 1.6cdri is a massive upgrade on the previous 1.4 petrol.

footflaps

We had a ProCeed last year and I was thought it had a lot of oomph. Comparable to my old 2.8l petrol V6 Golf…

The Pro_Cee’d GT uses a variant of the Kia/Hyundai T-GDi Gamma Engine. The engine in the Pro_Cee’d GT is the same as that used in the American market Hyundai Veloster Turbo, but different gear ratios and more aggressive suspension have been used. The Torque has also been dramatically increased to 265Nm (195 lbs ft) over the normal aspirated engine; though, where the standard T-GDi engine has all of its torque available between 1750 to 4500rpm, the engine as used in the Pro_Cee’d GT has been altered slightly, having its full torque available between 1750 and 4600rpm. The engine propels the car to 60 mph in 7.4s,[14] 0.4s faster than the Veloster Turbo with the same engine

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kia_Cee%27d#Kia_Pro_Cee’d_GT_and_Cee’d_GT

poolman
    Free Member

I looked at the ceed, if you took the badges off it could be any car. Bought a carens instead as its bigger and 7 seats. Not missed a beat in 3 years. Service at dealer to maintain warranty and indie for consumble stuff.

jate
    Free Member

I have a 62 plate 1.6 diesel that I bought s/hand a couple of years ago. It’s a bit underpowered and not a “driver’s car” but that’s fine by me as it is cheap to run (I get upwards of 65mpg as most of my driving is on motorways) and the warranty is excellent. Went in for a service last year and they replaced both headlight units as the daytime running lights wouldn’t work. Should have been over £500. Cost me nothing. Other than that it’s not missed a beat in 36k miles. Took it to the Alps in September. Kent to Briancon on a single tank of fuel. And we somehow got two of us, gear for a week and four road/gravel bikes in it with no impact on rear visibility.

poolman
    Free Member

The dealer basic servicing is cheap, paid 99e for the oil and filter to maintain the warranty. Indie did the rest as was half the dealer price.

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

I have a 1.4 diesel estate as a company car. It’s isn’t quick, but handles nicely enough and is economical. Nothing has gone wrong in 40k miles. It’s comfortable and ermmm. The boots is big with the seats down. Mine is the lowest spec possible but has Bluetooth handsfree and streaming. It’s a good little car. I’d be happy spending my own cash on one if I was in the market for something that’s “just a car”.

swedishmatt
    Free Member

I have a 14 reg Kia ceed sw auto
    . Big enough for family of four. 1.6 diesel.

Mpg not great, 38-42 mixes driving mainly 6 mile commute 50% A roads. Apart from that great car, does motorway fine even when fully loaded but you won’t be doing crazy overtaking but still can overtake ofc.

My auto is 2 spec (as all are) and kind of wish it had automatic heating settings (eg set a temperature) but just has old school dials (not with numbers). Headlights are ok with better bulbs (changed to something better).

Auto is fine . Quick off the mark . Good handling.

Trekster

After owning 2 Sorrento Mrs is waiting on her Stonic arriving in February

cdoc
    Free Member

Really nice, are they not, Trekster. We were really tempted by them, but an unpassable deal came up on a 2k mile pro ceed gt line-s in the correct colour and full 7 yr warrenty, and bloody hell, newer models and specs have come on leaps and bounds over the previous ones! Really didn’t expect it to be so.. nice!

Kuco

I’ve got a new one as a company car a 1.6 diesel. Reminds me of my Ford Focus I had, grey,boring and just got on with going from A to B without any hassles which I guess isn’t a bad thing. Though it will be replaced in the next 12 months as the company I work for are doing away with diesel cars.

footflaps

After owning 2 Sorrento Mrs is waiting on her Stonic arriving in February

Wife wanted one as a company car, but staff aren’t allowed them 🙁

adscatt
    Free Member

The wife has just bought a 1.0 ceed GT S line, it’s great, initially went to get one a couple of years old but got a great deal on a new one. She had a mini cooper s before and to be honest the 1.0ltr is ok, not as under powered as we thought, you have to work the gears more. I work for VW and can get staff deals but to get the same equipment level as this car would cost a fortune. There is a Kia owners forum which may help you with the model you are after.

KidCragg
    Free Member

Had a 62 plate 1.6 diesel as a work car. Didn’t miss a beat in the 4 years I had it. Great car good mpg as well!

Ours were provided by hitachi leasing via a government contract and there were loads of them. As far as I know they are then sent to the auction houses at the end of the lease. So probably now available cheaply via hitachi so worth a look as they’ll have full service history etc.

chickenman

Just be careful driving fast on tight twisty roads that you don’t get over excited and spill your Ceed…

timber

Guy at work has had a few, does about 20k a year in them. Buys nearly new ex motability/company ones and Kia honour the warranty on all sorts, dodgy hand brake part, outside temperature sensor and a gearbox at 6 years 11 months, no question, always a courtesy car and they wash his.

Trekster

doc – Member
    Really nice, are they not, Trekster.

Aye. MrsT got the invite to the first demo day. We had been talking about retirement/downsizing/futureproofong our vehicle choice ie going petrol so 1ltr ?? is on its way in silver/orange roof combo 😆 Only issue moving away from big tyres will be road noise from low profile tyres and the need to avoid potholes 😕
    Having owned a few 1ltr cars in the early years of driving, being an ex mechanic and working on Cooper S rally cars and Imp track cars I’m looking forward to a wee bit of fun again 😉

edhornby

we had one (1.6 petrol) for ages, mrs Ed chopped it in for a Quashqai but I’d have happily kept the ceed, what’s not to like? wasn’t a lot of money and reliable, decent boot space

newrobdob
    Free Member

I had one of the earlier (8 years ago?) as a pre-lease car at work and was disappointed when the bloke who delivered it told me what he’d brought me. 4 weeks later I didn’t want to give it back and the Astra that replaced it wasn’t as nicely made, had less kit and was nowhere near as practical inside. I won’t be disappointed next time if I get one!

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

I think a few of us might work at the same “shop” judging by this thread!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.