Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Kia Ceed owners.
  • stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Looking to get a 2nd hand estate car and one option is the above. We’ve been offered a 2009 Ceed 2 for £5000 but if I’m honest I’d prefer a Focus but the guy that’s looking for us is struggling to find a decent one at that price. So what’s the collectives thoughts on the Kia.

footflaps

Good value for money, generally better loaded with options. Nice drive, although Focus will have the better chassis. We are a Kia family as the wife works for Kia UK.

rascal
    Free Member

We’ve had a petrol auto 1.6 59 plate for coming up to 3 years – was £7k then so maybe 5k seems a bit much? Not an estate admittedly but drives fine, nice layout inside and remainder of warranty. No probs with ours – not sure how it compares with Focus or anything else in that arena – been pretty happy with it and you get great value if compared to say a Golf….HTH.

edhornby

I had a MK1 focus and now a ceed3 a 2011 one, standard hatch rather than the SW but the SW I looked at wasn’t all that much bigger in the back (the hatch is pretty big) and good rear leg room. engines are a bit dull and short gears but it’s not gonna be a hot hatch (nothing is nowadays) so you get used to it and the economy is decent.

they will drop value like a lead stone once the warranty runs out…

the big alloys aren’t necessary though, the 225R17 tyres get pricy and make for a crashy ride so if it has the 16s on stick with them

footflaps

engines are a bit dull and short gears but it’s not gonna be a hot hatch (nothing is nowadays) so you get used to it and the economy is decent.

Until very recently Kia had a very limited selection of engines. We currently have the Kia pro_cee’d ‘GT’ which is their first ‘warm hatch’ car, although I reckon it’s probably quicker than my Golf V6 4motion was.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

It’s reliability, running costs and space that are our main needs. And a bit of oomph for overtaking caravans etc.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Kia Ceed owners.’ is closed to new replies.