Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Kia Ceed
  • rascal
    Free Member

Anyone have experience of them?
    Toying with the idea of getting one – 09/59 plate.
    Test drove one briefly on Sat, as well as a good old Focus to compare it to.
    TBH both seemed nice, the Kia edging it.
    Inspire me!

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

My elderly neighbour has one if that helps; he seems to like it and as he’s a proper scrapheap challenge engineer type I presume he researched reliability etc before buying it

z1ppy

Ask them to show you how to change the indicator bulb.. really get them to show you…
    (you need to take the front bumper off)

otherwise I thought they were ok.

iainc

not the Ceed, but we replaced a cMax with a Kia Soul a year ago and the Kia is way much bettr in just about every way than the Ford – cost, comfort, economy etc

geoffj

MrsJ has a Kia soul and it’s da dogs!

footflaps

Kia is a much under rated brand, you get the same build quality as everyone else, but more extras and all for a lot less money.

higgo
    Free Member

I’ve had a few as hire cars (always the SW version).
    If I was looking to buy that type of car they’d be on my list. I was very impressed with them.
    Don’t they have a 7yr warranty? Will you get the balance of that buying 2nd hand?

rascal
    Free Member

The warranty transfers with the car regardless of owners…so a 3 yr old car will have 4 years warranty remaining – that’s a major tick in my book.

The brand is up and coming and you do seem to get a lot of bang for your buck.
    Would prefer a Golf/A3 but they are hideously priced compared to a Ceed of the same year.
    The finish/spec inside the Ceed (crap name though) is actually better than all but the high-end Golfs.

Very tempted…just wanted to hear a few first-hand experiences.

Just out of interest, any Focus owners on here?

Cheers

nealglover
    Free Member

Ask them to show you how to change the indicator bulb.. really get them to show you…
    (you need to take the front bumper off)

You could do it that way. Not sure why you would though.

You just romove the small trim next to the headlamp, and take the headlamp out and replace the bulb.

Takes about 5 minutes or so (more than average to be fair, but hardly a deal breaker)

z1ppy

Neal, after myself and office full of colleagues had puzzled over it, the RAC man (hire car, so didn’t cost me anything) looked at it, and eventually phoned a Kia garage and that what they told him… I was then given the chance of a ride home on the back of RAC wagon (I risked the faulty indicator)

So maybe you want to tell Kia that?

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

VW said the same for my Golf, but Halfords did it for a fiver.

The 7 year transferable warranty wins if it for me anyway, though i’d do some research to see how easy it is to get them to pay out.

nealglover
    Free Member

So maybe you want to tell Kia that?

Not really, I’ll let them figure it out for themselves.

That’s how I did my dads when it needed changing, I just googled ”Kia ceed indicator bulb change”

And clicked the first result.

HolmwoodDave
    Free Member

Mrs HD has one, we bought it new in March. Compared to a similar spec Focus it was about 5k cheaper. For the price we paid our choices were a 2nd hand Focus/Golf with 10k on it, 12-18 months old with balance of warranty……..
    Only done 3.5k in it but all seems good, she liked the styling inside, heated leather seats and built it satnav. 7 years warranty is also a bonus!
    The warranty transfers so after 3 years we will decide if we want to keep it, as 2nd hand value should be ok with 4 years warranty left on it (hopefully). I suspect we’ll keep it.

Nice to drive, ours is the 125bhp Cee’d 4. Bit noisier than a Focus/Golf but for the savings involved a little extra noise is not an issue……

hora
    Free Member

Is the car advertised as coming with the balance of the long warranty?

If so – CHECK its service history carefully. I think Kia have strict criteria for the warranty- i.e. Kia serviced and annually stamped. Don’t take the sellers word/what he/she says. Check with a Kia dealership then the service book.

geoffj

If so – CHECK its service history carefully. I think Kia have strict criteria for the warranty- i.e. Kia serviced and annually stamped. Don’t take the sellers word/what he/she says. Check with a Kia dealership then the service book.

This ^ There is a bit on the Honest John website about warranties. Most can be maintained by using a vat registered garage and correct spec parts, but it’s unclear whether or not this is acceptable to Kia with the extended warranty.

If I hadn’t been such a lazy oik and not booked ours in for a service when they called, and instead taken it to the independent I use for my cars, I would have fallen foul of this 😆

randomjeremy
    Free Member

Yeah I like these Kias, they look like Fords now anyway and have a 7 year warranty.

futuresorange
    Free Member

We use one at work and everyone has been impressed by it since we’ve had it. In fact the only annoying thing we’ve come up with is that the plastic surround on the inside door handle/window switch is a bit cheap and naff and seems to highlight fingerprints.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Kia Ceed’ is closed to new replies.