Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Khat now a Class C 'drug'…
  • jambourgie
    Free Member

Link

What next, Lavender? Just say no immigrants.

Northwind

I know nothing about khat but that’s a classic Theresa May position…

“In a written statement last year, Home Secretary Theresa May said despite the recommendation of the Advisory Council on Misuse of Drugs (ACMD) not to ban khat, the body acknowledged that there was an absence of robust evidence in a number of areas.”

She’s not making evidence based decisions… She’s making decisions, then looking for weaknesses in the evidence against her decision. You don’t criminalise something because of a lack of evidence!

bearnecessities

Did anyone else, when they heard about this, think immediately about the south park episode where they’re all getting high of cat urine?!

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

I bet the old bill are looking forward to having to arrest a load of disgruntled Somalis. Pointless criminalisationand a waste of police resources.

hilldodger
    Free Member

Espresso coffee next on the list then…..

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Dare not mention it in our house, dog goes beserk.

konabunny
    Free Member

If it were such a risk to public health, you would expect significant use and abuse among people other than old Somalian geezers.

footflaps

We’ve never had an evidence based drugs policy – it’s always been set by the Daily ‘hangings too good for em’ Mail etc….

thepurist

Betel nut coming next.

somafunk

When is this lunacy going to end?, they’ll be coming after my nutmeg addiction next.

Ban it, drive it into the hand of smugglers, bingo!….price is inflated and it is now worth the attention of criminal gangs and what do criminal gangs like?……. Yep thats right, untaxable profits.

A capatilists dream to make money.

jambourgie
    Free Member
    Pigface
    Free Member

McKnight: No Spectre gunships, daylight instead of night, late afternoon when they’re all furmed up on Khat, only part of the city Aidid can mount a serious counter-attack on short notice…

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_25532130/colorado-marijuana-tax-revenues-total-3-2-million

People are going to do this stuff whether its illegal or not. Now, I’m not about to start a ‘legalize it’ campaign but surely, extra tax revenue to plough into schools or boosting the minimum wage for low paid workers with the added saving on the Rozzers budget has to be a draw (no pun intended).

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

if they cant tax it , they will ban it.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Khat now a Class C 'drug'…’ is closed to new replies.