Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Khan v Pacquaio
  • curiousyellow
    Free Member

Manny’s Twitter

Manny must need that money for his presidential campaign. Can’t see any reason he’d fight Khan apart from the payday 🙁

Still, pretty psyched to see one of the most exciting boxers in the world step back into the ring!

chewkw
    Free Member

Superb boxer yes, president not at this age perhaps when he is 65 or older coz I doubt his young shoulders are able to carry the nation with him at the moment.

Also his southern “brothers” will not like his evangelistic style as that is a threat to their way of life.

The current President although may seen brutal is actually a peace maker between the two beliefs in a grand scheme of things.

Jamie
    Free Member

May seem?

mooman
    Free Member

Its a good match-up; pacman is long past his sell date – and Khan is even more fragile than ever. Result will follow similar to Khans last fight.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

I thought he looked “ok” in his fight with Mayweather physically. If Khan turns up wanting to fight then it’ll be entertaining I guess. I’m just an armchair fan, so what do I know.

If Manny turns up fully fit then it’s going to be decent. I wonder if boxing has a “conditioning” problem like some other sports if you know what I mean.

@mooman the fight I’d love to see is GGG v Alvarez. Also wouldn’t mind seeing Lomachenko again. Was really impressed with him.

DezB
    Free Member

Good fight I reckon – Pacquiao has slowed, Khan is still fast and always up for a fight. Khan’s speed, height and reach advantages could cause Manny problems, but I should think Pacquiao will land at some point and end it.

BoardinBob

Also wouldn’t mind seeing Lomachenko again. Was really impressed with him.

He’s out again on April 8th.

An absolute joy to watch

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Know where it’ll be on TV or in the UK? A bar/pub or venue thing. Thinking about watching with some friends.

chestrockwell

Why, oh why does Khan keep getting decent fights?

DezB
    Free Member

Why, oh why does Khan keep getting decent fights?

Why? Don’t you find him entertaining? He’s been in some fantastic fights. That’s what makes money.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Maybe something to do with whom his promoter is 😉

Got to admire his desire to put himself out there though. Braver man than I am!

leegee

Like the Alvarez fight, Khan boxes well for several rounds then gets cocky or looses concentration and gets tagged. Pacquiao and Roach took this fight for a reason.

Khan gets the fights because he’s entertaining. He has the hand speed and offensive skills that look great but everyone knows he can be knocked out at any time.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Isn’t Khan rumoured to have a bit of a glass jaw as well?

Got someone to watch the Lomachenko fight with, awesome!

Pigface
    Free Member

I can see Khan winning this, Manny is way past his best. Fighting Alvarez was a gamble going up weight and he was doing well before being tagged. Like Brook against GGG brave but futile but gets his name out there still.

We could be surprised.

BoardinBob

curiousyellow – Member – Block User – Quote

Rumoured? 😆

His jaw is horrifically bad.

This never gets old

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUW7gWi4vZ0[/video]

or this

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xn3aqnhOZJw[/video]

monde
    Free Member

If Pacquiao comes in fit Khan doesn’t stand a chance. Class stays with you especially in the boxing game. Rumor has it Pacquiao already knocked him out cold in sparring when they were both under Roach.

Khan just seems to lose his head and as quick as his offense is the defense is just not there. This sparring video kind of highlights that! Only benefit of the fight is if its in the middle East then at least it will be on at a decent hour.
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YozuGcozMkg[/video]

DezB
    Free Member

Held up for 12 rounds against Maidana. Might’ve been wobbled a few times 😉

curiousyellow
    Free Member

@BoardinBob has Khan ever dodged anyone? Think he moved up to fight Alvarez right?

DezB
    Free Member

Class stays with you especially in the boxing game

First time I’ve heard that said about boxing. Every fighter who doesn’t know when to retire eventually gets beaten up.

Manny’s obviously not that far gone.

Garry_Lager

curiousyellow – Member

@BoardinBob has Khan ever dodged anyone? Think he moved up to fight Alvarez right? He ducked Kell Brook consistently. For legit economic reasons, as he could make more money with other fights, but illegit boxing reasons, as Brook would have leathered him at 147. Not sure they will ever meet now, as there was loads of back and forth over it and they couldn’t or wouldn’t get the fight made.

mooman
    Free Member

Khan has been one of the best value British fighters for a very long time.
    He may come across as a bit of a lettuce – but he has a huge fighting heart.

He will no doubt take the first 4-5 rnds with his quick hands … but walk onto something big not long after.

As for Canelo v GGG … Canelo is waiting for GGG to show his age before he takes the fight; at the moment GGG would just slowly bash him up rnd after rnd.

BoardinBob

No obvious ducks apart from Brook but he has missed out on a lot of fights because of a) waiting for Floyd and Manny and b) Ramadan means he can’t fight around that time

The thing is, he’s got dazzling handspeed, but he’s really not that good. His best wins are a very green Maidana, the patchy Judah and the very overrated Alexander.

He’s thick as two short planks, and has no smarts in the ring. As soon as he gets tagged, his bambi on ice impression is hilarious, but he really has no clue what to do. Running away or trying to fight instead of tying up. I thought he might improve under Virgil Hunter but not really. Looked dangerously close to getting KO’d on his WW debut against Diaz. Laboured against Algieri.

However, he does sell fights. Probably because most folk want to see him KO’d.

Manny inside 5 rounds

curiousyellow
    Free Member

However, he does sell fights. Probably because most folk want to see him KO’d.

I know someone who is of that sentiment. Can’t say I’m a fan of that!

Really want the GGG fight to happen!

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Khan v Pacquaio’ is closed to new replies.