Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • KFC bucket of sh1t
  • Harry_the_Spider

The smell alone puts me off going near the place.

finger lickin’ good

How do you get poo on ice anyway? Dirty fingers, dirty water or just dirty gets?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

How do you get poo on ice anyway? Dirty fingers, dirty water or just dirty gets?

Quirrel to the forum, please.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Apologies for the 2013 DM link, but this is nothing new. Or restricted to KFC.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2334533/Ice-restaurants-bacteria-water-toilets.html

Edit: The pertinent bit.

bomberman
    Free Member

So some journo/researcher tested some ice and found bacteria usually found in the gut. How do we know it wasn’t from his fingers? There isn’t any detail about the scientific validity of the test – did they do a control? did they do repeats? how did they get the ice from wherever it was into whatever it was put in?

It doesn’t deserve to be on TV
    It doesn’t deserve to be on the internet.

Means nothing.

convert

As an aside I found this good listening – Damned Interesting

I don’t think the Colonel would recognise the current KFC offering.

johndoh
    Free Member

I personally pay very little interest to these sorts of ‘findings’. We don’t live in a sterile world and a piece of ice from KFC isn’t the only place you will find germs – every day we touch door handles, money, people, animals etc etc etc and we all pick up bacterias from these places.

It really isn’t a concern for the overwhelming majority of us healthy people.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Clearly of huge concern to the vegetarian OP though, I’m guessing ice is the only thing on their menu he can eat?

slowoldman

What do you expect from a company who sell food in buckets?

cliffyc
    Free Member

Hope they clean those work areas and toilets properly,and are not just going through the motions…..

xc-steve
    Free Member

It would be interesting to compare those levels to those of your average household doing the same tests.

Then compare all those levels to accidentally swallowing a bug whilst riding along, or the amount contained in the mud sprayed up onto your face after a ride. Or the levels of bacteria on your smartphone screen, works keyboard/mouse etc… OOOR just get on with your life quit worrying and let your body look after itself.

lesgrandepotato

Maybe try eating the chicken instead of licking the fittings and furnishings?

preciousmetals
    Free Member

Don’t knock the golden brown bucket of ice until you’ve tried it.

Plus suffered the consequences. I boycotted Mcdees 15yrs ago after tgey had strategically placed a curly wurly hair within my mcnuggets.
    That along with knowing their meet is not fit for human consumption until bleeched and mixed up into no meat content at all.
    KFC is an overpriced source of rubberised / puréed chicken wrapped within an overpriced bun having been drowned with that ooooerrrrr special mayo served by pesky mites who take privilege in delivering grotty food whilst taking home sod all wages.
    All the rest are similar in the fact that they are as dirty as the next.
    This story is no shocker tbf.

Sourcing a good breast from tesco or butchers or a scotch burger from waitrose along with fancy bottle of source, buns and a lettuce if wanting goes a long way for much less the cost of these fake mass made options.
    I find it demoralising waiting at a drive thru therefore go for the healthy tastier cheaper option all in tve comfort of my own home, not in a car travelling round roundabouts thinking when my breast is about to pop out sending people screaming for cover.
    😀

johndoh
    Free Member

Maybe try eating the chicken instead of licking the fittings and furnishings?

Or maybe not, given how rank it is 🙂

shermer75
    Free Member

@convert- you’re not wrong, that article was indeed damned interesting!

kimbers

Mmmmmmm zinger tower mmmmm

Absolute non story

I might swab my 3year old son’s hand, I’m willing to bet there’s all kinds of impressive bugs here culturing

jon1973
    Free Member

Rip Off Britain: Faeces bacteria found on KFC ice

Not really sure why this is a ‘rip-off Britain’ story, unless they happen to be charging through the nose for ice covered in shit.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Even more of a non story when you realize that coke has about 10x the concentration of phosphoric acid of brewery sanitiser. So as soon as you put a drink in there with it, any bugs there were are long dead.

MoreCashThanDash

I suspect that those test results are no worse than the average school or household.

Lazy click bait journalism that has suckered us into looking at it. I’m more likely to come to harm driving to KFC than eating there.

nealglover
    Free Member

That along with knowing their meet is not fit for human consumption until bleeched and mixed up into no meat content at all.

Is that poetic license, or do you actually believe it ?

DrP

I agree – sensationalist journalism.

heck, with 2 young kids fannying about at home, I suspect there’s more poo/wee/mud/bikes/ecoli floating about Chez P than even the scabbiest KFC…

Meh…’swhat our immune system’s for.

DrP

slowoldman

Even more of a non story when you realize that coke has about 10x the concentration of phosphoric acid of brewery sanitiser.

Ah so THAT’S why they sell coke with it.

andytherocketeer

agree.

it’s tv/journalism, not science. they have a story to portray, a story that they had already pre-decided before doing anything “scientific” looking.

Take a shower. Get a scientist to swab under your pits. Scientist after doing the cultures in the lab will find faecal bacteria. They did on that other scientific medical programme. So I hate to think what is all over everyone’s fingers.

globalti
    Free Member

Just walk in to the toilets and have a good look around; the attention to toilet cleaning tells you more than anything about the attention to hygiene. We don’t go into any Starbucks now after seeing the disgusting state of their St Ann’s Square, Manchester toilets.

Cougar

Lazy click bait journalism

It’s the Daily Mail’s website. Was anyone expecting anything else?

konabunny
    Free Member

So I hate to think what is all over everyone’s fingers.

This is why people wash their hands before eating, and you use clean plates instead of other people’s armpits

Smudger666

i got it cliffy 🙂

cliffyc
    Free Member

@Smudger666,ta!,was thinking I had better sweep up these tumbleweeds and forget about that bell tolling in the distance…. 🙂

richardkennerley

Toilets are full of bleach and other cleaning products, ice isn’t

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

It’s the Daily Mail’s website. Was anyone expecting anything else?

OP linked the beeb.

The link to the DM was purely to show this sort of crap gets repooted every year.

just5minutes
    Free Member

there was something in the news a few weeks back about a curry restaurant where the “chef” had a jar of poo water from cleaning his backside in the food prep area but there have been others as well:

Poo found in kebab – http://www.bathchronicle.co.uk/Human-poo-kebab-shop-food/story-27862052-detail/story.html

Poo found smeared on walls: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/6933904/Chicken-shop-shut-down-after-poo-found-on-walls.html

The only common element is abysmal standards of hand hygiene in many takeaways. Our local environmental health seem to shut down a couple of curry restaurants a month for this sort of stuff to the point I never eat restaurant / takeaway curry any more.

johndoh
    Free Member

to the point I never eat restaurant / takeaway curry any more.

As above, most of us are above a few germs and fretting about stuff like that is a pointless waste of your life – just go to ones you know to historically be good (most councils now do scoring and the decent places display their certificates in their windows).

More information can be found here

Cougar

OP linked the beeb.

The link to the DM was purely to show this sort of crap gets repooted every year.

Fair point. As you were. (-:

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

the “chef” had a jar of poo water from cleaning his backside in the food prep area

That’s disgusting ……..anyone with a basic knowledge of hygiene knows that you don’t keep the jar of water which you’ve used to clean your arse with in “the food preparation area”.

I hope the jar had a lid on it at least.

tomhoward

Sourcing a good breast from tesco or butchers or a scotch burger from waitrose along with fancy bottle of source, buns and a lettuce if wanting goes a long way for much less the cost of these fake mass made options.

Where do you recommend I cook all that on the high street/in a shopping centre/station/motorway services?

v8ninety

their (McD’s) meet is not fit for human consumption until bleeched and mixed up into no meat content at all.

and

KFC is an overpriced source of rubberised / puréed chicken

(special) sauce? Pretty sure that’s not true, TBH (although may have been once/in the States). I’m not the biggest fan of KFC or Maccies, but the chicken was definitely fillet or off the bone, and Maccies go to great pains to advertise that their burgers are 100% British or Irish beef. I’m not trying to suggest it’s not cheap, factory farmed, and pumped with water etc, but it’s cheap and cheerful flood, not a ‘gastronomic experience’.

As for the ‘bugs in Ice’ story; meh. They probably sampled the restaurant that Quirrel works at… and as DrP says, it’s what our immune systems are for.

Junkyard
    Free Member

There isn’t any detail about the scientific validity of the test – did they do a control?

Dr Margarita Gomez Escalada studied the sample, taken from a Birmingham KFC restaurant, at Leeds Beckett University.

I assume they managed to do the basics given she is a scientist at a University.

Out of interest what exactly are you considering to be a control here ? Do you mean certain the machine worked accurately?

Not even KFC have tried to shoot the messenger.

andytherocketeer

I assume they managed to do the basics given she is a scientist at a University.

nope.
    it’s still journalism, not science.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Cool lets see your evidence then science person not engaging in “journalistic” baseless guesses

She measured it and therefore its a fact
    How it is reported is journalism

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Dr Margarita Gomez Escalada studied the sample

Which doesn’t automatically mean that she collected the sample.

I would hope that whoever collected the sample was dressed like this to minimize cross infection :

Although it might of course have undermined the “uncover” work of Rip Off Britain.

hammerite
    Free Member

I love KFC, my favourite of all the fast food places. Always ask for no ice with my drink though, not because of the poo thing, the drinks come out of the pump cold enough for me.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘KFC bucket of sh1t’ is closed to new replies.