Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Key/Wallet Trackers
  • kevin1911

I’m getting quite fed up with misplacing my wallet, phone and/or keys, usually in the house, and they usually turn up, but not before turning the place upside down and panicking that it’s properly lost.

Anyone got any experience with any of the tracker devices like Tile or Trackr or anything similar? Seem to be some very mixed reviews online.

Kevin

Cougar

Have you tried always putting them down in the same place?

Not being sarcastic. I have a box on the sideboard for slinging keys and loose change when I get in. Net result, never lose my keys.

sandwicheater

Got the tile slim so, fits in my wallet. Only had it a few weeks and it’s come in handy the one time our 11 month old played ‘hide daddies wallet and then crap in your pants’ game. Also makes your phone ring if you have your wallet and can’t find your phone.

Batteries can’t be replaced but supposedly, can be replaced by Tile for a reduced price.

Keeping my eye on ebay for the key one, reckon will come handy and she also likes playing ‘hide mummy and daddies keys but not before covering them in dribble’.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    trail_rat
    Free Member

HOW BIG IS YOUR HOUSE !

did you check the pool or the tennis courts ?

keys go here when you enter the house …. (but not in direct sight or beside the front door)

kids cant reach em and all keys are together. No more looking for the garage keys in a pocket at 5am.

added bonus that if there was a fire the keys are always to hand to open the door assuming i didnt already chuck the sideboard through the glass 😀

leffeboy

^ FTW. It took a while to train myself and isn’t completely foolproof but the price is right and works for things that aren’t tagged as well

Still got to stop taking my glasses off and leaving them in random places though
    Buys bit of string

ourmaninthenorth

The OP must be related to Mrs North.

I have tried all sorts of methods but she just isn’t wired up correctly – she discovered she is dyslexic when she did her PhD and I’m sure that it’s connected.

It isn’t just limited to keys or purse or phone. She can leave luggage on trains, shopping at the checkout. She’s loses her handbag and overfilled-and-extremely-heavy work bag. She regularly can’t find her laptop. She’s even lost her car before.

Thankfully, because she’s an blonde, female lecturer I can blame it on her being a ditzy absent-minded academic….

(I’ll look into these tracker devices – good call OP.)

mrblobby
    Free Member

Tile here. Works well for me.

kevin1911

House isn’t big at all – I’m just not particularly organised and have too many jackets, bags etc to hide things in. The lack of a replaceable battery on the Tile seems a wee bit of a con to me.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Battery on them lasts over a year, then you bin them and get another. I don’t really mind that given they retail for about 16 quid each in a pack of 4.

Stoner
    Free Member

Do you mean £4 ea or £16 ea?

Coz I’m not sure I’d call £64 a year daft tax something I don’t mind.

footflaps

Effing expensive those Tiles…

Nice idea, but I’d need to be losing stuff every day to justify that cost!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Key/Wallet Trackers’ is closed to new replies.