Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Keyboard for about £1,024…Anyone?
  • WhatWouldJesusRide
    Free Member
    mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

'tis the future

OLED is likely to pop up in loads of applications like that

WhatWouldJesusRide
    Free Member

It does seem a great idea, if it's what you need.

Can't get my head round the price, though!

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

OLED is pretty new technology in a commercial sense

it can be made into fabric as well. clothing that can display graphics/images anyone?

🙂

GrahamS

Are you familiar with the term Veblen Goods?

The conspicuously wealthy (and a few idiots) will buy this as a status symbol. The rest of us will look down the line and think "Well if some folk will pay £1,024 for a keyboard then maybe £100 for the mini version is actually quite good value."

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

never mind configurable keycaps – I want a self-cleaning kbd that flushes out all the crumbs and hair that accumulate 🙁

dmiller
    Free Member

Having played with the smaller three button one for a few work projects the hardware is good but the software is crap.

Memory leaks, random crashes, poor aplication tie in etc under windows.

Fwiw our plan was to use the three button version to change hotkeys for helpdesk software depending on the screen the agent was at in the software.

dmiller
    Free Member

SFB – you may like this:

From xkcd.com 😉

GaryLake
    Free Member

Ignoring the price, I at first thought, wow cool, I could program all my photoshop shorts cuts in. Before realising that I never actually look down at the keyboard when selecting tools.

skidartist
    Free Member

The letters have all worn off my GF's keyboard – they wore off several years ago – and thats fine. Aside from stuff like video or music editing with lots of functions assigned to keys (where you can just put stickers on the keys anyway) when does any one actually look at their keyboard? Its too dark to see my keyboard just now.

rolfharris
    Free Member

Skidartist- I think people who don't spend their whole day typing on forums (like my dad) have to look at them!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Keyboard for about £1,024…Anyone?’ is closed to new replies.