• This topic has 19 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by jonb.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • kevin mccloud thing in india…………….
  • ton

omfg. 😥

carbon337
    Free Member

Its an excellent 2 parter IMO. Really enjoying it but it does make you think how lucky we are. The communities are how we once were, no crime etc. Also the women always look immaculate, some of them stunning.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Yep pretty amazing. Second carbon's comments about the women 🙂

muddydwarf
    Free Member

There is next-to-no crime because no-ones got owt worth stealing!

flip
    Free Member

Ace programme, i've seen Asian slums and they are not pretty but what is not easily conveyed on film is the smell it puts a whole new slant on it.

Trekster

That will be us in 10-20yrs the way things are going 😐

ton

best thing i have seen on the tv in yonks.
    a proper eye opener.
    and all seemed so happy…………… 8)

zomersetglider

Yep, first bit of tv I've sat through for a long time that I've really been transfixed by. Despite the poverty it did amaze me the calmness,contentment of thier lifes. Also despite the fact they had no hot water or real sanitation how well presented they all were especially when you saw the children on their way to school.

An excellent programme, I did like Kevin McCloud's personality and outlook throughout as well

nosherduke996
    Free Member

Yep terrific, the people are amazing.They have nothing but are willing to share it,everybody seems so happy.

binners

The ones sifting through shit on rubbish dumps didn't seem THAT happy

M6TTF
    Free Member

Inspiring documentary, yet saddening that people live in such contrast to western lifestyle for our benefit

binners

I love the way they've learnt from our mistakes

"We're going to demolish the slums and build tower blocks instead. It'll solve everything"

Hmmmmmmm that seems to have a familiar ring to it

bananaworld
    Free Member

Crapola, can't finish watching it. It's very interesting and certainly eye-opening and thought-provoking but Kevin McCloud, who I previously quite respected, in this is just a mincing fool.

"Eeeeew! There's a poo!"
    "Eeeeugh, a dead rat!"
    "OMG, I have to sit cross-legged!!!??"

He needs to MTFU or GTF out.

(Seriously though, is it worth persevering with?)

tails
    Free Member

Would love to watch this program but mccload is one of the few people who i can't watch.

bigeyedbeans
    Free Member

know wot you mean he's a bit 'precious' but try to look past that for good tv with an important message

chewkw
    Free Member

Try surviving the smell …

😯

IanMunro
    Free Member

"Eeeeew! There's a poo!"
    "Eeeeugh, a dead rat!"
    "OMG, I have to sit cross-legged!!!??"

He needs to MTFU or GTF out.

I initially found that at a bit cringing, but then admired it as a reasonably honest bit of film editing as to how us westerners would react, but not necessarily vocalize if dumped in such a place.

duntmatter
    Free Member

"They're poor but seem happy" on the advert. HIGHLY **** suspicious to my ears.

Bit of a ponce that Mcloud.

naokfreek
    Free Member

Aye, not sure bout him…dubious.

jonb
    Free Member

muddydwarf – Member

There is next-to-no crime because no-ones got owt worth stealing!

And if anything did get nicked, who would they report it to. I imagine any authority figures are as reluctant to go in there as a Westener. My GF works with people from Mumbai (computer programmers), they are from the more affluent families outside the slums and they have never and will never go inside.

Eye opener though, good programme.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘kevin mccloud thing in india…………….’ is closed to new replies.