Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • kevin ash RIP
  • anagallis_arvensis

Whilst journo’s at the tory graph are not really my cup of tea I kind of liked his writing in a “know your enemy” kind of way. Tragic news.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/news/9820469/Telegraph-motorcycling-correspondent-Kevin-Ash-dies.html

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Great shame, I had chatted to him on email and on forums over the last couple of years – he was always entertaining and engaging, an absolute gent.

nickhart
    Free Member

+1

mrmoofo

Really sad news. I thought he was a great motorcycle journalist. He will be sadly missed.

I guess especially by his wife and kids 🙁

posiwev
    Free Member

Bad news he certainly knew his stuff, his column in the MCN was always a entertaining and educational.
    A sad loss to Motorcycling
    RIP

cheekyboy
    Free Member

anagallis_arvensis – Member
    Whilst journo’s at the tory graph are not really my cup of tea I kind of liked his writing in a “know your enemy” kind of way. Tragic news.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/news/9820469/Telegraph-motorcycling-correspondent-Kevin-Ash-dies.html

POSTED 37 MINUTES AGO #
    Nice one, political credentials precede compassion.

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

Very sad news. RIP Kevin.

duckman

cheekyboy – Member

Seemed pretty respectful to me, but I suppose it is cold and damp and you may be struggling to find anything to be outraged about tonight. As A-A said a cracking journo,and knew his bikes.

amplebrew

I like reading his reviews and his words would play a major part in any bike buying I did.

One of the few journalists who told it how it was; rather what the manufacturers wanted you to hear.

Here’s his website for anyone interested.

RustySpanner

What a shame.
    I liked his writing and always respected his opinion, even if I disagreed with him.

Loved his road tests in the Telegraph – intelligent, considered and designed to appeal to everyone, not just bike geeks.

He always came across like a genuinely nice bloke too.
    He’ll be missed.

Link to an excellent interview with him that appeared in bikeexif here.

anagallis_arvensis

Nice one, political credentials precede compassion.

get **** you ****.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

get **** you ****.

Classy.

lasty
    Free Member

A great man in every respect.
    Didnt agree with his politics but gave good unbias opinions when it came to his road tests …

Sad for the family .

billyblackheart
    Free Member

Classy.

You say this a lot don’t you.

anagallis_arvensis

Classy.

me? Not even close as you can see, but I do call a spade a spade.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘kevin ash RIP’ is closed to new replies.