• This topic has 54 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by _tom_.
Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Kettering and surrounding area
  • Klunk
    Free Member

nope not Stanion or Harlestone Firs

skellnonch
    Free Member

Oooh a mystery – Cranford?

tallmart10

Brigstock Fermyn Woods?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Klunk
    Free Member

Oooh a mystery

Och aye 😉

skellnonch
    Free Member

In that case you must be riding Twywell H&D too..

Klunk
    Free Member

Hills and Dales are for walking to the pub 🙂

transporter13
    Free Member

Klunk….im guessing you mean cranford bowls 😉

What the corby guys have done with the bit of land in stanion looks very good too

psychobiker
    Free Member

Obviously we cant condone riding the Hills and Dales, as certain areas are bike free, had some rare offs there though. Klunk, not sure where you mean, brain in overdrive here and I can’t think. I’ve been thrown off a few fields, whilst getting lost 😉

transporter13
    Free Member

Psychobiker….years ago, before they introduced the sheep to the hills and dales we all used to pick various lines down the ridges with varying results.
    Everyone knows about the biggest hill there…if done with minimal braking, can shoot you to the top of the other side 😆

Klunk
    Free Member

the samuel pepys I linked to earlier in the thread is now shut (for sale) 🙁 and just got a change.org petition email save our local pub… The Dukes woodford, apparantly the council has told them to remove the newly installed upvc windows and replace them with hardwood, they can’t afford the windows or subsequent fine if they don’t. The cycle hating **** of a landlord ain’t getting my vote.

_tom_
    Free Member

I live in Burton Latimer now and I like it but the road riding is better over where I used to live (Loddington then Rothwell) – few nice hills out of broughton/Cransley. My routes around cranford/slipton/thrapston etc are too flat and I haven’t found a nice 30 mile loop yet, roads get too busy towards Raunds.

psychobiker have you ridden the jumps in the small wood behind the council houses of a small village east of Kettering ?

Which village is this? I’m interested! Where abouts is this mini Chicksands in Stanion as well? Interested in any rides/spots you guys can share (road or mtb) as I’m getting bored of my usuals and never ride mtb round here as it’s so crap. Email is in my profile if anyone can share or fancies showing me them some time?

colournoise

If you come to the Stanion roundabout from the south and turn right towards Thrapston, the trails are in the small woods on your left.

_tom_
    Free Member

Fermyn woods or is that too far down towards Thrapston?

_tom_
    Free Member

Cheers 🙂 I’ll have to go check them out some time.

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Kettering and surrounding area’ is closed to new replies.