Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Keswick to Threkeld
  • anagallis_arvensis

Is the old railway line track open? I seem to recall all the bridges got washed away a year or 2 ago…not ventured to the wild north for years.

colournoise

Not sure. I would guess not as I saw a big group of MTBers on the road up past Castlerigg circle on Saturday morning heading (I guess) down to Threlkeld that way…

angeldust
    Free Member

Not local, but last time i looked at the access website (couple of weeks ago), the damaged bridges were still out, with no time frame for repair.

flyingmonkeycorps

I was there April I think, and it wasn’t open.

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

I’m there now. Not open I’m afraid. You can go via the stone circle or nip over the bridleway bridge across the A66 though.

lowey

No shut.

Take the old Brundholme road instead.

gil_

Rode there on Saturday and the Railway is closed at the bridges with no obvious diversion in place

Best bet is follow the C2C cycle route, which runs on the other side of the A66 and pops out just by the Threkeld junction

It’s a little up and down but avoids the main road

anagallis_arvensis

Cheers for the info

Andy_K

I think they may have put a foot bridge in at one section to allow some progress, but otherwise no, and no prospect of anything happening for years either 🙁

For MTB, I prefer the old brundholme lane past the Calvert Trust riding stables, quite a bit hillier than the old route though.

blurty

Yes, there is a diversion across the fields just by the first knackered bridge from Keswick. You are supposed to push through the field up to the top track into Threlkeld – everyone rides it though.

blurty

You cam get a 20p map from Tourist info in Keswick

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Keswick to Threkeld’ is closed to new replies.