Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Keswick recommendations
  • singletracksurfer

Heading up that way but haven’t been for a little while so just wondering if anyone has any recommendations where to stay (bike friendly) and to eat (did I hear that the Pedlar cafe is closed).

Thanks.

binners

We always stay here, because its lovely. Then we go and eat here, because they serve…. THIS…

You can’t go to Keswick without trying the legendary Cow Pie in the George 😀

Gotama
    Free Member

We always stay at century house or century cottage depending on party size. They’re interconnected if required.

Cottage link, house is through the same people

Binners – is that a full portion!? If so massive respect to you. Half portion is my max. Best pie in the land.

singletracksurfer

Wow, thanks that looks like it should do the job 🙂

colp

If you’ve got cash to splash, the Inn on the Square is very nice indeed!
    Had to book in there last minute when I took the wife for a night and I’d got the B&B dates mixed up.

singletracksurfer

Thanks clop, that does look very nice. Stored for when/if I take Mrs STS along.

GaVgAs
    Free Member

Home

I have had some great meals here in the past, try their ice cream shop on lake road too

AD

If you like Tapas – this place is worth a look: http://esbarkeswick.co.uk/

jimmy

Dog and Gun used to be the place to go. It has been bought and done up so is a bit less rustic but still cosy. Didn’t try the new goulash but it used to Da Bomb likes

belugabob
    Free Member

Don’t forget to visit the pencil museum…

I kid you, not.

rascal
    Free Member

My bog-standard reply to eat & sleep in Keswick is…

http://www.pitcairnhouse.co.uk/

and Cow Pie in the George.

colp

Don’t forget a hard tail or bmx for the track in the park, also, the cafe there does fish finger butties.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Filling station cafe, little chamonix cafe, Tuesday night rides, pint in the bank? That should have you covered

fatmax

Hungarian goulash in the Dog and Gun a few weeks ago, washed down with a Loweswater Gold – heaven.

rascal
    Free Member

Agree with fatmax.

Goulash in D&G in superb….as is Loweswater Gold.
    Small goulash for lunch, half Cow Pie for tea plus Loweswater Gold is The Holy Trinity.

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

That’d be the Holy Trinity Lite 😀

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Keswick recommendations’ is closed to new replies.