Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Keswick mtb groups?
  • edenvalleyboy
    Free Member

Hi,

I was wondering if there were any mtb riding groups that base out of Keswick and meet in the evenings, that I could tag along with occasionally for a spot of night riding this winter?

Emails in profile if that would be a preferred method of response.

Cheers

bungalistic
    Free Member

There’s a group who meet on tuesday evenings from the car park behind the Lakeland Pedlar around 6:30 I believe. Pretty fit and fast bunch I hear.

Or go into Keswick Mountain Bikes and ask as i’m sure there’ll be other groups too.

mickeyb0305
    Free Member

I’d be interested in this I’m based in Penrith during week and looking to get out too.

Take it you not far away, could maybe meet up if you don’t find a group?

boxelder

Have you tried the shop in Penrith – Arragons is it?
    The kmb crowd are a fairly mixed bunch in terms of speed – some skilled riders on descents though.

parkedtiger
    Free Member

Hi edenvalleyboy, as mentioned above we meet in Bell Close car park every Tuesday at 18:30. We normally ride until around 21:30 / 22:00 then head to the Bank Tavern.

justinbieber

I might have to try and get along to one of these Tuesday night things sometime. Is it bang on 6.30 you leave or is there faff?

parkedtiger
    Free Member

There’s usually some faffing 🙂

Trekster

http://www.ridethelakes.co.uk/phpbb3/
    There is a Facebook page for this group

Trekster

justinbieber – Member
    I might have to try and get along to one of these Tuesday night things sometime. Is it bang on 6.30 you leave or is there faff?

POSTED 25 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST
    Need to get up to Ae on a Tues eve, some good off-piste being developed 😆
    FB search for Ae bike shop and cafe 💡

GaVgAs
    Free Member

Theres normally a bit of a brawl/heated discussion for 10mins or so from 1830 onwards, and by then we have normally decided on where to go, be sure to bring a helmet, warm jacket,a helmet light and bar mounted lights (we carry a lot.)

Free counselling will be provided in the pub afterwards.. 😉

Treksters linky above is not us, we are a bit more covert with our Facebook group 🙂

justinbieber

Cool. It’s all a bit dependent on when my wife gets back with the car – I’ll be hot footing it down from Carlisle (if it happens at all).
    Ae off piste sounds fun – I haven’t been there for ages!

GaVgAs
    Free Member

Theres a couple of riders that come down from Carlisle so you may get a lift if your wanting to ride on a regular basis..

justinbieber

That’s be great. Next week isn’t going to happen, but I’ll try and make it the week after

robarnold
    Free Member

Guys does this group run all year round? I’m coming over from the IOM next May on a family holiday for 2 weeks staying nearby and will be keen to do some group rides.

Rob

mikewsmith
    Free Member

All year round, the *******s never let you have a week off! I had to move to the other side of the world to get away from them!!!

As said bring lights, food, water, sense of humour and beer money.

justinbieber

Bit of a random change of topic – I’m entered in to the Dudes of Hazzard enduro this weekend and I see there are a bunch of you going from KTNR – my lift has fallen through last minute. Has anyone got a spare seat?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Keswick mtb groups?’ is closed to new replies.