Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Keswick Mountain Bikes
  • matt_outandabout

A friend has been trying to buy a bike from these guys, somewhat unsuccessfully. Website doesn't have a 'buy me' button, phone calls for a fortnight unanswered and emails x2 unanswered.
    Anyone else had a problem with them?.

vim_fuego
    Free Member

They have two shops and a workshop, all the numbers are on the website I believe.
    They have been fully open as far as I know, the men in charge are Andy and Amos, I'm sure they would like to know if there is a problem getting in touch.
    The workshop is closed on Mondays.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Never even got stuff sorted out when I was in Oz! if you are close pop in.

Workshop(01786775202) Closed Mondays, Otley Rd Shop (0178680586) Closed Wed I think.

Normally pick up within a few rings so best check the numbers

sc-xc

Mmmm. I go to the Lakes 3 or 4 times a year, and having been ignored or treated like an idiot in KMB on more than 1 occasion, I would rather put my cash behind the counter of Biketreks.

matt_outandabout

Unfortunately not close (we are in Highlands), just a cheap sale bike. meh.

manwells
    Free Member

try wheelbase at staveley they are a brilliant shop and very friendly, their website is wheelbase.co.uk and the shop is about 5 miles from windemere just off the A 591.

sc-xc

^ 2nd wheelbase. And the fella in the alley near the chippy at Ambleside who sells old school stuff. Just not KMB.

BillyBull
    Free Member

Hardly call whyte's old school

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Matt, Im going up there on Sunday…

You want me to square something away for yo fella??

wool

As a keswick tuesday night rider I have heard they are fiddling about with the site to get it working,and you must have the wrong number the phone has always been picked up in a few rings for me ? see above.
    Nothing wrong with any of the shops in the lakes just diferent flavours.
    Your taste buds not mine.
    Now do we want to talk shops in the cheshire area,now thats a subject!

5thumbs
    Free Member

Well they are building up a Soul for me at the moment (pick it up Sat!) and I have to say they have been terrific.

I've changed spec many times along the way and they'vre always been incredibly helpful and responsive. Never had an unreturned call, always come back to me exactly when they said they would …..

scruff
    Free Member

My mate broke a brake lever in Borrowdale, we rode back to Keswick and he purchased a new brake from KMB, they didnt have the capacity to fit it for him (busy saturday) but they gave him a workstand and a toolbox so he could go out back and fit it himself, good shop IMO.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Keswick Mountain Bikes’ is closed to new replies.