Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Keswick – cooked breakfast… Where?
  • jekkyl

random question of the day, we’re off to keswick next weekend and just looking for recommendations for somewhere we can grab a cooked breakfast with parking. We normally have one at booths but looking for alternatives. thanks

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

There’s a diner type place with parking, if you’re coming from the west, don’t take the first exit to Keswick carry on to the next one – a roundabout. Take the left into Keswick there, the place is on your left. You won’t miss it, used to be a petrol station.

Called the filling station.

jekkyl
    lesgrandepotato

The place on the car park in the middle of town is pretty good for a man sized full English.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Was it any good Jekkyl?.

Edit – just read you’re going next weekend! 😳

docrobster
    Free Member

We had brekkie at the filling station last time we were up.
    Huge American style pancake stacks. Yummy

bspoked
    Free Member

Bar26 is solid. It is included in their great value rooms, so I’ve had a few.

TomB

Wether spoons now open off bell close car park, opens at 0700, not certain bar26 do brekkie for non-residents?

stoney
    Free Member

What Tomb said. My mate Ade has been to the filling station a few times. He said it was nice when it first opened, then was ok…..but after sat lunchtime he said it was poor.
    45 mins for burger n chips…. 😯
    Not acceptable really….

I’d give W.spoons a go, might all be nucked food buy hey, can’t be that bad? 😉

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

A nuked breakfast is unacceptable. Powdered scrambled eggs and rubbery bacon, bugger that.

TomB

Come to think of it, depending on what time in the morning you could try Saddleback cafe, cycle-orientated, nice folks, good food. I’ve had bacon butty etc, but don’t know if they do a full English? Open 9ish I think. There’s also the coffee lounge off bell close car park, which I understand is a staple for hangover recovery for the youngsters? Stoney?

stoney
    Free Member

2 of our bickering group have g.houses. I can ask them if they would be willing to take in a “breakfast only” situation and let you know. I can find out tomorrow.
    At least that way you’d get a proper cooked breakkey.

stoney
    Free Member

+ 1 for Saddleback.

@ Tomb.” 🙄

Can’t say I’m that young.”….

tomaso
    Free Member

Booths car park for supplies and camping Gaz cooker action in the car park.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Keswick – cooked breakfast… Where?’ is closed to new replies.