Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Kestrel Engineering
  • travellingman
    Free Member

From my personal experience I wouldn't recommend dealing with this company although I'm led to believe their work stands are top quality.

I didn't get much further than speaking to the vicious rottweiler on the 'phone, who frankly doesn't know her arse from her elbow when it comes to bikes. One of her immortal lines being, 'what's a bottom bracket'!

However, she more than makes up for any lack of technical knowledge with a really crap attitude, as she's clearly an expert in this field. Another line being 'the fact that you didn't receive my email isn't my problem'!

During our conversations I was courteous and polite, although a little bemused, at all times.

If you choose to deal with them, all I can say is best of luck!

z1ppy

ohh bugger, but yes there work stands are first class (old LBS has one)

coffeeking
    Free Member

The fact that you didn't receive her email really isn't her problem.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    dmetcalfe
    Free Member

their workstands are 1st class, but with a bit of shopping about i bet there are others out there just as good. really did like using their workstand though, very stable. and the fact that you didn't receive her email is her problem, if the address doesnt exist (wrong) she would have got a failed message returned to her, if it was someone elses address she wouldn't have known it had failed, but she could at least send it again.

myheadsashed

Looks like I could be veering towards a Park stand then.

For 400 quid you expect a bit of customer service.

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

Bomb proof, easy to use, stable, surly angry staff…

£400 is cheap for the most used tool in your workshop.
    Think about it.. You'll buy it, and never have to speak to her again, unless you find they're so good you need a second one!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Kestrel Engineering’ is closed to new replies.